Need some feedback

• Discuss Need some feedback in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I havent been on a bmx bike in over 10 years. I currently race dirtbikes and want to get a 24 inch cruiser to screw around on in the neighborhood... ...
  • Tags bike bikes bmx bmx bike cranks dirt jump parts race bikes
K

kritter

Need some feedback post #1
I havent been on a bmx bike in over 10 years. I currently race dirtbikes and want to get a 24 inch cruiser to screw around on in the neighborhood, local dirt jump spots, and maybe even some track time for the weekdays when I am unable to get on my dirtbike.

The 2 things that are improtant to me is that it is a comfortable and it is a chromoly frame. I am a big dude so I am not worried about bike weight, but am worried about strength as I dont want my fat ass to break the bike on a jump or trick.

A roomy design would be nice as well so I am not so cramped. (5ft 10)

Since I wont be racing this bike I want it to be as comfortable as possible and want to be able to sit down and peddle without too much difficulty.

What kind of seat, cranks, pedals, bars, etc... are recommended.

Price doesnt really matter as long as it is comfortable and durable, but then again I dont need a $1000 race bike just to pull wheelies and do manuals around the house!

Any help on brand/model or what bars, seats, crank size, etc...to maximize comfort would be greatly appreciated.

E

EPMD

Need some feedback post #3
a norco or free agent will be good... but they might need a few new parts instead of the stock ones

K

kritter

Need some feedback post #4
EPMD said:
a norco or free agent will be good... but they might need a few new parts instead of the stock ones
what kind of parts? I need all info possible

Checked out a haro today at the bike shop. I think it was the Nyquist. The raw frame is really nice but seems a bit too nice for what I intend to do.

E

EPMD

Need some feedback post #5
Some new cranks instead of stock.. maybe a new stem or some handlebars.. nothing major just some stuff that will be a bit better

ill get back with some more detail but i dont have time right now

New Topics