Need new forks...opinions?

• Discuss Need new forks...opinions? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Everything on my bike has been upgraded except the forks. I am running some fairly old Ody 41 thermal dirt forks that weigh about 51 oz. and I'd like... ...
O

oldstreetthrasher

Need new forks...opinions? post #1
Everything on my bike has been upgraded except the forks. I am running some fairly old Ody 41 thermal dirt forks that weigh about 51 oz. and I'd like to take advantage of the weight savings new design forks would give me. So I've been checking some out and here's what I've narrowed it down to:

S&M Pitchfork XLT (34.8 oz.)
Sunday Morning 2 (33 oz.)
Sunday Night 2 (35 oz.)
Ody Classic dirt (34.4 oz.)

I also run a 3/8" axle up front, weigh about 185 lbs. and I'm not really THAT hard on my parts. I jump the occasional set of stairs so I want something that won't bend after a couple hard landings. Let me know what you think and why, so I can decide what to order.

P

PaulieWalnuts

Need new forks...opinions? post #2
heres what you do go to your LBS and ask them to order you the NEW 41 Thermals those things are nasty. Ijust baught them and i'm 250 lbs and hey are holding up very well and are very light.

Kim Eats Glue

Kim Eats Glue

Need new forks...opinions? post #3
dont forget to look into the warranty also

blkbike

blkbike

Need new forks...opinions? post #4
first off let me say welcome back. I pretty sure any one of those forks would hold up fine. I would either go with the ody, or s&m, but mainly because im not a fan of sundays graphics. these are all good forks

J

jeffreykicks777

Need new forks...opinions? post #5
I would say Sunday morning 2. those are really attractive too.

M

marks86

Need new forks...opinions? post #6
Pitch forks are the way to go

JustCantClickIt

JustCantClickIt

Need new forks...opinions? post #7
i think the odyssey classics are great, had mine since xmas, bailed a many times and they still run amazingly :D

O

oldstreetthrasher

Need new forks...opinions? post #8
I'm leaning toward the Sunday Morning 2's at this point. I like the way the fork is clearanced for grinds.

O

oldstreetthrasher

Need new forks...opinions? post #9
And... I ordered the Sunday Morning 2's from my shop yesterday. Should be in next week. I'll let people know how they hold up.

lalo pro

lalo pro

Need new forks...opinions? post #10
i'll go with the ody classic race or wait fot the director

New Topics