Need help learning feeble grinds again..

• Discuss Need help learning feeble grinds again.. in the Street Riding forum in area BMX-Forum Community; yer well i learnt them six months ago never did them again, now the last 3 times i tried i snapped my chain.. here is what happened 1) local park-... ...
zacaroo

zacaroo

Need help learning feeble grinds again.. post #1
yer well i learnt them six months ago never did them again, now the last 3 times i tried i snapped my chain..
here is what happened
1) local park- ledge around 2 stair height i slipped onto the chain and crunch
2) street spot- around same height as local, kept getting my peg under the leg coz it overhangs and then i landed weird and snapped it
3)street spot- again same spot

help its g**, now i am scared of doing it, i think i put my f/w too far up and consequently i go sidewyas...

should i go back to the ledge i learnt them on?
--> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HUudREelbk

i dont wanna destory my chain anymore it is kmc z410 with about 8 shadow halflinks in it that i got off a mate after i snapped it at my local and he hads links and i a breaker so i switched it.

Last edited:
A

AaronBMX

Need help learning feeble grinds again.. post #2
just go at a really slight angle and make sure you bunnyhop high enough and land on the peg with the tire next to the edge of the ledge really it's just practice and if you have them they are super simple.
you also might find a wooden ledge or something(maybe at a school or somethign) those things doesn't destroy your chain

zacaroo

zacaroo

Need help learning feeble grinds again.. post #3
check the video dutchbmxer? is that what i should be doing again or closer?

A

AaronBMX

Need help learning feeble grinds again.. post #4
what i do is ride at a less angle and bunnyhop more but it's a good start just practice from that and in no time i really mean no time you'll have it
the bunnyhop out also needs a bit practice but it's good

zacaroo

zacaroo

Need help learning feeble grinds again.. post #5
ok that was six months ago lol.
so give us a step by step of what i did wrong in that video thanks

Untitled

Untitled

Need help learning feeble grinds again.. post #6
If you are landing on your chain your coming in at too much of an angle or when you go to hop it you hop too much and land sideways on your chain.

I think the grind all depends on how you land and guide your front wheel on the ledge or whatever.

So i think you should:

Reduce your angle

Find a ledge that is'nt very wide, so you can learn how to put your front wheel on as close to edge of ledge. By doing this, it will help you from going to wide and landing on your chain.

Hopefully that helped

I forgot to add, You have to Commit to doing it

Last edited:
M

Molesrkool

Need help learning feeble grinds again.. post #7
same.. i use to be able to do doubles and feebles... ages ago but now i cant do them. pain in the ass

zacaroo

zacaroo

Need help learning feeble grinds again.. post #8
thanks for the advice. i will go down after school and try and re learn them.

Minitrix

Minitrix

Need help learning feeble grinds again.. post #9
It looks like your problem is the front tire angle. Try to land with your front tire as parallel to the ledge as possible.

zacaroo

zacaroo

Need help learning feeble grinds again.. post #10
ok thanks

Jamie01

Jamie01

Need help learning feeble grinds again.. post #11
id ride parallelish to it, and just go to side hop onto it.. I find it you get your front wheel on, concentrate on your pedal hoverin over what your feeblin, then when it is your back peg will always get onto it..hope that helped..

B

bmxbrendan

Need help learning feeble grinds again.. post #12
if u feeble onto a rail u gotta try 2 let it down slowly into a feeble (well i do) but if ur on a ledge then just push ur front over a bit further than ur back

zacaroo

zacaroo

Need help learning feeble grinds again.. post #13
got it today will post clips soon

New Topics