Need a new sprocket. Which one?

• Discuss Need a new sprocket. Which one? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I got a poverty one and hate it. Its a 45tooth. I only ride dirt so I dont need a guard on it or anything. I want to go a lower number of teeth but not... ...
M

Matt11

Need a new sprocket. Which one? post #1
I got a poverty one and hate it. Its a 45tooth. I only ride dirt so I dont need a guard on it or anything. I want to go a lower number of teeth but not that many. Maybe like a 39 or 41. Will it make a big difference? So which one do you like the most?

I

infantry43RIDER

Need a new sprocket. Which one? post #2
How many tooth freewheel do you have?
i have to know that in order to tell you if a switch to a 41 or 39 will make any difference...if you have a 16t freewheel the switch to a 41 will not make that big a difference...but to a 39 it will.

some sprockets i would suggest though would be..

- FBM USA
- FIVE BMX
- Kink Light
- Profile Imperial
- Shadow Crow
- Standard M5

yup.

O

OdysseyRider

Need a new sprocket. Which one? post #3
If u do have a 16 toth freewheel, then u will have an off ratio with any other sprocket than 44, so u could get a new freewheel, or a cassette hub, or run an off ratio. For soem good sprockets, Macneil w/ guard, tree, odyssey, and if u dont ever bash ur sprocket, the profile imperial.

P

Pyro insaine

Need a new sprocket. Which one? post #4
i run a 39-16 ratio and i love it its much easyer so get a 39 tooth sprocket and stik w/ the 16 freewheel

New Topics