nankai bamboo vs alienation v2?

• Discuss nankai bamboo vs alienation v2? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; ive been researching this forever and still cant seem to make up my mind on which freecoaster i want. both the nankai bamboo and the alienation v2... ...
K

krackersrfun

nankai bamboo vs alienation v2? post #1
ive been researching this forever and still cant seem to make up my mind on which freecoaster i want. both the nankai bamboo and the alienation v2 seem like good ones but for different reasons. first off the alienation has externally adjustable slack and a 14 mm axle which is good bc i ride mainly street. on theother hand ive heard that the bearings will blow out very easily bc they are sealed. i was told that i should go w a nankai bamboo bc it still has the 14 mm axle but is unsealed so it can take more of a beating especially if i land sideways. however if i get unsealed i cant tighten up my back wheel as much, so it will keep getting knocked out of place when i grind. has any body had a problem w their alienation bearings? which should i go for?

kkmk

kkmk

nankai bamboo vs alienation v2? post #2
Nankai.

M

marks86

nankai bamboo vs alienation v2? post #3
alienation.

mmm fit bikes

mmm fit bikes

nankai bamboo vs alienation v2? post #4
if i get unsealed i cant tighten up my back wheel as much, so it will keep getting knocked out of place when i grind.
^lies^
get the nankai

The Radness

The Radness

nankai bamboo vs alienation v2? post #5
nankai is way more reliable

tried and proven for a long long time

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

nankai bamboo vs alienation v2? post #6
Nankai. i will never ride another freecoaster that's not Nankai. i am thinking about going back to a cassette, but until someone comes out with a coaster that is reliable as the Nankai, it's the only hub for me.

the only problem i have heard about the Bamboo hub is that it does not have enough slack. my Nankai Techno (3/8" axle) has a LOT of slack and i like it that way. supposedly the Bamboo with all the spacers out is not slack enough for most riders.

K

krackersrfun

nankai bamboo vs alienation v2? post #7
awesome. thats actually what i was hoping to hear. as tempting as the alienation is the nankai is cheaper to buy and maintain. i think you are right about the slack though, but people have instructions all over the place on how to mod that.

New Topics