mystery

• Discuss mystery in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; heres a problem ive been having: i popped my tire so i took it to the shop and put in a new tube and tire. ever since then, about a month ago, ive... ...
  • Tags shop
X

Xandrak

mystery post #1
heres a problem ive been having:
i popped my tire so i took it to the shop and put in a new tube and tire. ever since then, about a month ago, ive had frequent flats. the hole in the tube is always in the seam and not in the same place. it cant be the rips or something stuck in the tire. the tube and tire are the exact same type ive been using before i had the problem. i dont overinflate the tube. whats wrong?? i need to get this fixed! its driving me crazy!

E

EasternBMX

mystery post #2
check yor tire for shit stuck in it check for loose spokes and make sure when you air it up your tube is not pinched

S

sentaafEQpovar

mystery post #3
Xandrak said:
i popped my tire so i took it to the shop and put in a new tube and tire. !
lol

G

mystery post #4
sentaafEQpovar said:
Xandrak said:
i popped my tire so i took it to the shop and put in a new tube and tire. !
lol
i think that is quite funny also, i was laughing for about 2 minutes literaly

buy a new tube and or tire if you cant find it imo

S

sentaafEQpovar

mystery post #5
one time i had this tire that pobie gave me and i always got flat, then it turned out some of the metal stuff they put in tires was poking my innertube.... u know how u see that metal threading showing when u skid ur tire bald

E

EPMD

mystery post #6
yeah thats the same thing here.. but i wont fix it, hehehe

X

Xandrak

mystery post #7
its not random holes from stuff sticking in the tube, its always the seams popped. and whats so funny about taking it to the shop? the only reason i took it was because i needed to get another tire anyway and i needed them to adjust other stuff on my bike which i didnt have tools for so i let them do it. otherwise id do it myself.... anyway, im trying a new tire and a little bit bigger tube to see if it works..wish me luck

G

mystery post #8
well...obviously you´re tire is haunted.
you have to call the gostbusters.

F

federal_rider12

mystery post #9
take off the rim strip and check for rocks, wood splinters, or ne little thing that could pop ur tire check for loose spokes check the tire to make sure there is somethin still stuck in it that is poppin the tire(alotta people forget to check the tire) also make sure that the rim doesnt have ne sharp edges in it and when u place a new tube in it inflate it with a slight bit of air(just enuff to make it round) and put it in and then inflate it then delfate it(but not all the way) while pinchin the tire and pushin it down to keep from gettin a pinch flat(from bein underneath the tire bead) then inflate it and its ready to go----ive done that for 6 years now and i havent had a pinch flat nore a bulge in my tires

F

federal_rider12

mystery post #10
oh yeah i forgot to say if ur tire has too many holes in it(or just a big hole) then u have to get a new tire or u will keep poppin ur tube, b/c with those little holes in it itll let pine needles in and pop ur tube and to check for little holes u look from the inside and stretch the tire but sometimes u can get away with usin a thick strong glue(like shoe goo) and fill in the holes if u dont want to buy a new tire

G

mystery post #11
ghooooooooost busters!!!!!!!

X

Xandrak

mystery post #12
ummm, yes...still no luck by the way. tried a new rim, still happens, checked spokes, and swithced tires no luck!

S

sentaafEQpovar

mystery post #13
it could be a metal thing sticking out of yoru tires... most likely will be on the side, and wont hit on same spot, but will always hit in same level area

C

casperh

mystery post #14
sentaafEQpovar said:
it could be a metal thing sticking out of yoru tires... most likely will be on the side, and wont hit on same spot, but will always hit in same level area
let the master do it well :evil:

New Topics