My trip to Camp Woodward

• Discuss My trip to Camp Woodward in the BMX Photography forum in area BMX Forum Show-Off; So last month my brother did the am jam up at Woodward and we went along with him. I always wanted to go back in the day but couldnt pay for camp. I... ...
tiddlermx24

tiddlermx24

My trip to Camp Woodward post #1
So last month my brother did the am jam up at Woodward and we went along with him. I always wanted to go back in the day but couldnt pay for camp. I was glad to finally get to see the place and couldnt believe how big it was in person. here are some pics plus i got my pic taken with jamie bestwick. He is a really cool down to earth guy, and probably my new favorite rider. He was riding with another dude in a secret session and only me and my wife and an asian family were watching when he just asked the little boy in the family if he wanted to come in and ride with him. lots of respect in my book! More on 2nd page as well!

lot 8

crappy pic

Last edited:
Dick Nixon

Dick Nixon

My trip to Camp Woodward post #2
thats actually quite epic
ive wanted to go to woodward for like 10 years now

tiddlermx24

tiddlermx24

My trip to Camp Woodward post #3
its an unbelievable place. my mom was totaly amazed about all the parks!

ktm125rider

ktm125rider

My trip to Camp Woodward post #4
awsome and those parks look soooo sick

Dick Nixon

Dick Nixon

My trip to Camp Woodward post #5
dude seriously when i saw all those double rollers in the 3rd to last pic, i think i shit my bill and ted undies.
epic.

tiddlermx24

tiddlermx24

My trip to Camp Woodward post #6
oh and i got to see this kid ride! look for him in about 3 years or so! Nicholi Rogatkin. check out his youtube vids

A

Angry Dave

My trip to Camp Woodward post #7
ugh.hearing that kids name gets so annoying.
woodward.would give my left nut to go there for a week.

bmxad123

bmxad123

My trip to Camp Woodward post #8
i would love to go there

B

bmx93

My trip to Camp Woodward post #9
looks so mad, shame i cant go to it cause i live in aus

dillon37

dillon37

My trip to Camp Woodward post #10
^^^ yea im in your boat.
that is the sweetest looking park I have ever seen and probably will ever see

Rummie

Rummie

My trip to Camp Woodward post #11
park is crazy, but has changed alot. then again, their always changing something there. I was there...geez...10 years ago... would love to go up for a day, but so expensive.

Jake Eats Cake

Jake Eats Cake

My trip to Camp Woodward post #12
OMG would love to go there sometime-
cool that you got to meet bestwick

tiddlermx24

tiddlermx24

My trip to Camp Woodward post #13
yeah bestwick is a really cool guy. really down to earth.

fluorescent

fluorescent

My trip to Camp Woodward post #14
looks immensely sick in every way possible.

tiddlermx24

tiddlermx24

My trip to Camp Woodward post #15
few more

b r o w n

b r o w n

My trip to Camp Woodward post #16
for me it was a dream to go there!! The park looks awsome!!

BoyOBoyle

BoyOBoyle

My trip to Camp Woodward post #17
Oh man... that place is heaven.... I went once when I was around 14, its a bummer I wasn't that park talented, all I knew how to do then was hit big jumps and do tricks. I finished 10th in big air contest (cleared 9 feet, which I'm still proud of) and threw to this day, one of my best tricks ever, a clicked 360 x-up....on resi...sorry, but it was still sweet.

Now I'm older and have problems to deal with and it seems like I can't find the time and money to go.... I'm so pissed that I wasn't that good and couldn't truly ride the parks there, I wish I could go back sooo bad with all my new talent, I could truly appreciate the place and ride it for what it's worth.

Woodward is such a fun place, when I went I rode all day everyday, and by the end of the week I was so sore I could barely get out of bed. It's sad... I saw a lot of kids who go there and don't even ride much, or really even push themselves to do better, a lot of kids are embarrassed and don't even ride. They go off to the game room, or the pool. When I went...I may not have been able to tear the parks up...but I sure as hell gave it my best effort.

I never really rode a quarter pipe before woodward, me and my friends rode dirt jumps and box jumps, we didn't have any skateparks and I remember not even being able to air out on the 8 ft. in lot 8 and pedaling my balls off right before the step-up before the resi and just barely clearing it. That resi in Lot 8 is beautiful.... you can go as fast as you want and spin perfect 3's all day and it seemed like I would land spot-on every time. I never rode a ramp that had such a perfect transition for 360's, and any trick in general.

I would love to go back just for a weekend, The Cage is unreal, Lot 8 and Cloud 9 are so sweet, and dirt jumps are freakin HUGE!!! I don't think I would even try those now. I'm actually trying to get a job there as a counselor, Im practically sending them a portfolio begging them to hire me... a lot of kids apply there, I hope get lucky.

Dotryit

Dotryit

My trip to Camp Woodward post #18
Oh man... that place is heaven.... I went once when I was around 14, its a bummer I wasn't that park talented, all I knew how to do then was hit big jumps and do tricks. I finished 10th in big air contest (cleared 9 feet, which I'm still proud of) and threw to this day, one of my best tricks ever, a clicked 360 x-up....on resi...sorry, but it was still sweet.

Now I'm older and have problems to deal with and it seems like I can't find the time and money to go.... I'm so pissed that I wasn't that good and couldn't truly ride the parks there, I wish I could go back sooo bad with all my new talent, I could truly appreciate the place and ride it for what it's worth.

Woodward is such a fun place, when I went I rode all day everyday, and by the end of the week I was so sore I could barely get out of bed. It's sad... I saw a lot of kids who go there and don't even ride much, or really even push themselves to do better, a lot of kids are embarrassed and don't even ride. They go off to the game room, or the pool. When I went...I may not have been able to tear the parks up...but I sure as hell gave it my best effort.

I never really rode a quarter pipe before woodward, me and my friends rode dirt jumps and box jumps, we didn't have any skateparks and I remember not even being able to air out on the 8 ft. in lot 8 and pedaling my balls off right before the step-up before the resi and just barely clearing it. That resi in Lot 8 is beautiful.... you can go as fast as you want and spin perfect 3's all day and it seemed like I would land spot-on every time. I never rode a ramp that had such a perfect transition for 360's, and any trick in general.

I would love to go back just for a weekend, The Cage is unreal, Lot 8 and Cloud 9 are so sweet, and dirt jumps are freakin HUGE!!! I don't think I would even try those now. I'm actually trying to get a job there as a counselor, Im practically sending them a portfolio begging them to hire me... a lot of kids apply there, I hope get lucky.
Pics or it didn't happen.

Mankind210

Mankind210

My trip to Camp Woodward post #19

Dude i can relate to you exactly the same.
i went two years ago for race camp but i rode more freestyle than the track. I had an old haro f5 with a cheap poverty cassette and triple wall and it weighed like fifty pounds
i spent all my time pretty much in lot 8 cloud nine the cage and the rock.
and i learned my threes on the same resi as you cranking as hard as i could just to make the step up before.
that was also where i met jamie bestwickwhich gave me tips on how to do threes.
that was also the first place i did nine feet in the big air and hit my first set of (big) trails
that was the greatest time of my life and definately worth the money.

and for the dotryit guy..
screw you man. just because you dont have pics dosent mean that you werent there. in my opinion you dont need to take pictures of it because youll have so many memories that the picture in your mind will be as vivid as the day you first came around the bend to see the big Welcome to Camp Woodward sign.

X

XboxKid

My trip to Camp Woodward post #20

New Topics