my tires

• Discuss my tires in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i ride street and i was jst wonderin if i should pump my tires up to there full recommendend psi (which is 85) because i have them at 40 psi and they... ...
swiftmover

swiftmover

my tires post #1
i ride street and i was jst wonderin if i should pump my tires up to there full recommendend psi (which is 85) because i have them at 40 psi and they seem hard enough and was wonderin if they were likely to pop or anything if i went passed 40. any help would be appriecciated (sp)

M

marks86

my tires post #2
40pounds isnt nearly enough even for dirt tires, My Maxxis say 45pounds and I have them I almost 60, so if it says 85 go right to 85pds

M

maras91

my tires post #3
no if corase they wouldnt pop if you went over 40. going from 40psi to 85psi will be quite a big difference in landing as it feels harder, but you'l get use to it in a couple of days.
i say jus pump it up to like around 80psi or something see how it feels

Coldow91

Coldow91

my tires post #4
you will have less rolling resistance and it will be smoother with 80 psi than 40

excess01

excess01

my tires post #5
mine say 120 and i didnt have an air gauge but im guessing i filled them up to 80- or 100 and went riding and when i went up a sidewalk it poped my khe tire ripped to shreds lol

New Topics