My problem with the stereotypical extreme sport enthusiast

• Discuss My problem with the stereotypical extreme sport enthusiast in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; So yeah, I am stereo typing here, but if anyone has beliefs similar to the ones I have noticed please try to change. 1: Want people to be more... ...
  • Tags bike bmx
K

krustindumm

My problem with the stereotypical extreme sport enthusiast post #1
So yeah, I am stereo typing here, but if anyone has beliefs similar to the ones I have noticed please try to change.

1: Want people to be more accepting of the extreme sport lifestyle, but also feel offended when people are.
Reason 1: Want cops/pedestrians to leave you alone, but don't use provided facilities. Does not apply when no facilities available.
Reason 2: Use provided facilities, but upset by others who use the facilities to learn the sport and are very bad at it (newbs).

2: Forming factions against enthusiasts for other extreme sports (BMX vs. boarding/blading, boarding vs. BMX/blading, etc....).
Reason 1: These people are allies. They are after the exact same goal you are, so do not isolate yourself from them, join them and fight "the man". Friendly competition is good, but there are some near gang like groups forming in my area. Fighting each other only gets the cops more pissed.

I realize that there are few people like this, but if you know someone who is, smack them in the forehead with your old 1pc crank (what else is it good for anyway?).

-Dustin

C

croz

My problem with the stereotypical extreme sport enthusiast post #2
Most of my friends skateboard or rollerblade.... and i BMX so it's fine, and i mix with skateboarders and bladers aswell, we aint enemys just the way some people have opinions when they first start BMXing cause they want to be "cool" but it aint true.

I must admit, only time i get angry with "the enemy" is when im in a park and there is some idiot skateboarder or blader who cant even stand up / go forward on their skateboards or rollerblades and blatently shouldnt be in a sk8 park, they should learn the basics first :)

but over all im not to fussed but where i live theres no such thing as bladers vs skateboarders or watever u want it to be, most people are all mates...

over and out

E

evanc

My problem with the stereotypical extreme sport enthusiast post #3
You say 'gang-like groups' fighting is bad, yet you tell us to go hit a fellow biker in the head with a 1-pc crank. Smoooth.

I

infantry43RIDER

My problem with the stereotypical extreme sport enthusiast post #4
um kristin what was the point of this topic...

V

VAS123

My problem with the stereotypical extreme sport enthusiast post #5
evanc..u just gotta disagree with anything eh? and your lil friend is right next to ya to lolly pop that lil frankster.....

E

evanc

My problem with the stereotypical extreme sport enthusiast post #6
Not everything. Just that these people think preaching to some online message board will actually change something.

K

krustindumm

My problem with the stereotypical extreme sport enthusiast post #7
um kristin what was the point of this topic...
Hey, it is krustin. Really there is no point. I was just pissed. Some guy who boards was ripping on bladers claiming there is no skill. I have a good friend who blades, and I know there is skill there.

Beating the s**t out of someone is way different then fighting with them. Sometimes you give someone a good beating for their own good.

-Dustin

I

infantry43RIDER

My problem with the stereotypical extreme sport enthusiast post #8
i rip on bladers...i tried it and it doesn't take much skill...

V

VAS123

My problem with the stereotypical extreme sport enthusiast post #9
and u must be really good on blades...right? done any 360s to rail grinds lately?

K

krustindumm

My problem with the stereotypical extreme sport enthusiast post #10
Blading doesn't take much skill just like BMX doesn't take much skill, unless you want to be good. There are probably more people in this country who can ride a bike than there are who can blade.

-Dustin

Poseidon

Poseidon

My problem with the stereotypical extreme sport enthusiast post #11

My Point exactly, with the blading thing...but we covered this; Evan ended it.

I

infantry43RIDER

My problem with the stereotypical extreme sport enthusiast post #12
krustindumm said:
Blading doesn't take much skill just like BMX doesn't take much skill, unless you want to be good. There are probably more people in this country who can ride a bike than there are who can blade.

-Dustin
never say bmx doesn't take skill again.
yes most people can ride a bike but it takes skill to bunnyhop...BUT everyone i know can jump...

Poseidon

Poseidon

My problem with the stereotypical extreme sport enthusiast post #13

Can everyone you know jump with blades on, land and keep their balance? Can everyone you know grab..a grab would be equivalent to a bunnyhop.

Btw, stop riding Evans dick it's annoying.

Poseidon

Poseidon

My problem with the stereotypical extreme sport enthusiast post #14
Oh Yeah

No disrespect to any of you ****s, just having fun with this topic.

E

evanc

My problem with the stereotypical extreme sport enthusiast post #15
#1, He's not riding my dick.
#2, this topic is over.

Poseidon

Poseidon

My problem with the stereotypical extreme sport enthusiast post #16

#3 That isn't for you to decide
#4 You don't have to read it.

E

evanc

My problem with the stereotypical extreme sport enthusiast post #17
Hey man, I was sticking up for you, but whatever.

Poseidon

Poseidon

My problem with the stereotypical extreme sport enthusiast post #18

I must have read it all messed up or something, my bad.

-> Moving on...
evanc said:
Lock this topic. I'll end it by saying this.

To each his own.

S

sr71racer

My problem with the stereotypical extreme sport enthusiast post #19
krustindumm said:

-Dustin
are you some kind of ****ing idiot man? posting that bmx doesnt take skill on a bmx forum? last time i checked those were fightin words

S

sr71racer

My problem with the stereotypical extreme sport enthusiast post #20
and my bad for keeping it going, just really didnt agree with that.

New Topics