My parts i designed and machined. wanna know what ppl think.

• Discuss My parts i designed and machined. wanna know what ppl think. in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; did these all a fiew years ago in high school shop class. Front load stem.. 9.7 oz... ...
scubastevestahl

scubastevestahl

My parts i designed and machined. wanna know what ppl think. post #1
did these all a fiew years ago in high school shop class.

Front load stem.. 9.7 oz

Hub. dont know the weight but only uses ONE nut. alum axle. hella light.

FULL aluminum seatpost. HOLLOW aluminum bolts.

A fiew sprockets i designed.

Seat post.. Single bolt tightening like the mcneil.. sept on the INSIDE of the post so can be used with ANY standard seat.

Brad

Brad

My parts i designed and machined. wanna know what ppl think. post #2
Very Nice work there, Personally i wouldnt have the time or patience. I made an alphabet bus with wood and it had little pockets with A, B, C etc on and kids had to put something matching the letter in the correct pocket...i got an A+. I dontated to a nursery which is my little sister is in :p

Have you actually rode with them? A lick of paint and they would be 10/10. Nice to see people using initiative!

:clap:

F

flybikesDale

My parts i designed and machined. wanna know what ppl think. post #3
that hub is so sick i want it lol. nice work

N

nutsgeezer

My parts i designed and machined. wanna know what ppl think. post #4
How have they held up when riding?

scubastevestahl

scubastevestahl

My parts i designed and machined. wanna know what ppl think. post #5
Very Nice work there, Personally i wouldnt have the time or patience. I made an alphabet bus with wood and it had little pockets with A, B, C etc on and kids had to put something matching the letter in the correct pocket...i got an A+. I dontated to a nursery which is my little sister is in :p

Have you actually rode with them? A lick of paint and they would be 10/10. Nice to see people using initiative!

:clap:

Thanks man. yea i ride them. the Hub i rode to hell. tried doin smiths.. bent the alum axle.. now i have a cromoly one for it. and Right now im riding the stem and the first seat post. ride great. oh and i am riding a seatpost clamp i made as well.. machined to welll.. nothing.. its basically like a regular seat post but machined a slot in it alllll the way arround so it looks like 2 seperate bands goin arround. i also made some 22 tooth aluminum sprockets.. traded them to friends then a couple got traded on bike guide so i have no clue where thos are. here's a pic of my bike. kinda blurry but you can see the stem and seatpost and clamp.

scubastevestahl

scubastevestahl

My parts i designed and machined. wanna know what ppl think. post #6
oh and heres a top load stem i did... 8.7 oz

scubastevestahl

scubastevestahl

My parts i designed and machined. wanna know what ppl think. post #7
oh and... heres the seatpost clamp

T

Timthekid

My parts i designed and machined. wanna know what ppl think. post #8
nicE! taht is some good work!

Wildbill

Wildbill

My parts i designed and machined. wanna know what ppl think. post #9
I like the idea of the hub and only 1 nut. Its prob not as secure holding having 1 nut but still looks nice.

The Radness

The Radness

My parts i designed and machined. wanna know what ppl think. post #10
i like the heartagram sprocket! I'm a big fan of the band.

I would buy that sprocket or the stem if it was ever offered man. You should do a custom sprocket for me in 25t:)

scubastevestahl

scubastevestahl

My parts i designed and machined. wanna know what ppl think. post #11
I like the idea of the hub and only 1 nut. Its prob not as secure holding having 1 nut but still looks nice.
it actually held its own pretty well. never really had troubles with it. well till i bent the aluminum axle.

scubastevestahl

scubastevestahl

My parts i designed and machined. wanna know what ppl think. post #12
i like the heartagram sprocket! I'm a big fan of the band.

I would buy that sprocket or the stem if it was ever offered man. You should do a custom sprocket for me in 25t:)

thanks yea my buddie seth requested that design. those were all tests.. i made the actual thing outta 1/4" in aluminum. i WOULD make more sprockets for ppl and stems and such but im not in a machine shop any more.. only reason i was able to do these was cuz i was in the high school shop. Once i start college i will have access to machines again so i might be able to then. but i have no clue when that will be. i have a hub design and that stem design i WANNA get mass produced but dont have the money for it.

trickythomas

trickythomas

My parts i designed and machined. wanna know what ppl think. post #13
thats awsome man, what alluminum did you use to create your stem? looks great though, have a couple of ideas that im workin on myself... but only i the early stages.

How did you get the stem made? did you do it yourself??

scubastevestahl

scubastevestahl

My parts i designed and machined. wanna know what ppl think. post #14
thats awsome man, what alluminum did you use to create your stem? looks great though, have a couple of ideas that im workin on myself... but only i the early stages.

How did you get the stem made? did you do it yourself??
no clue what aluminum it is haha. it was whatever i could get for free at the school. seems to work great tho. might have to look into what aluminum it is cuz its light and grips really good. its soft.

i made the stem myself on a manual bridgeport mill. didnt do a whole lot of planning.. just kinda started drawing on the block of aluminum and machining away were i wanted lol. just kinda machined whatever i thought was dead weight. i mean i dont wanna be like all the other weight bitches out there but what can i say. if the metal is NOT being used then we dont need it haha.

JustinCarter

JustinCarter

My parts i designed and machined. wanna know what ppl think. post #15
Dude you made this stuff in shop class? You just gave me my next years project. Im going to make a sprocket XD

scubastevestahl

scubastevestahl

My parts i designed and machined. wanna know what ppl think. post #16
Dude you made this stuff in shop class? You just gave me my next years project. Im going to make a sprocket XD
yea .. Machine Shop class... actually they called it "machine tool mfg."
yea you can make a sprocket.. just gotta have either: a mill, CNC mill, or plasma Cam.

trickythomas

trickythomas

My parts i designed and machined. wanna know what ppl think. post #17
cheers man, thats quality!

M

marks86

My parts i designed and machined. wanna know what ppl think. post #18
those are pretty sick, but do some more work on those sprockets

FOXBMX

FOXBMX

My parts i designed and machined. wanna know what ppl think. post #19
sick dude!

copperoom

copperoom

My parts i designed and machined. wanna know what ppl think. post #20
ya man i love the heartagram sprocket too. you could make some money off us.

New Topics