My knees are killing me!

• Discuss My knees are killing me! in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; After years of abuse, my knees are starting to feel like shit. The other day I took a pretty bad slam and I've decided to start wearing kneepads. My... ...
DannyBMX

DannyBMX

My knees are killing me! post #1
After years of abuse, my knees are starting to feel like shit. The other day I took a pretty bad slam and I've decided to start wearing kneepads.

My question is what would you guys suggest for pads? I don't want the plastic shell. Just the neoprene padding. I've been looking at the WTP Fuses and the Federal ones.

sledneckadam

sledneckadam

My knees are killing me! post #2
I have a set of mase shin/ knee pads. I would suggest the plastic because you still get hurt with just the neroprene pads.

J

jawn

My knees are killing me! post #3
Slightly off topic, but if your seat is too low so sit down and ride (assuming you don't drive everywhere) raise it a bit so you can sit down & your knees don't get worked as much (they still do circles when you pedal, just without your body weight on them).

DannyBMX

DannyBMX

My knees are killing me! post #4
I have a set of mase shin/ knee pads. I would suggest the plastic because you still get hurt with just the neroprene pads.
Hmm.. I may have to bite the bullet and do just that.

Slightly off topic, but if your seat is too low so sit down and ride (assuming you don't drive everywhere) raise it a bit so you can sit down & your knees don't get worked as much (they still do circles when you pedal, just without your body weight on them).
Thanks for the tip. My knee did hurt while sitting and pedalling the other day. I'll have to try raising it a little till it heals more.

New Topics