My High Dollar Build Thread....

• Discuss My High Dollar Build Thread.... in the Bike Check forum in area BMX Forum Show-Off; [b]Spamspamspamspamapspampasmpmsapmaspmaspamspmaspa msppasmpsa[/b] So I am going to start a build thread: [B]The Bike[/B]: Mirraco Blend One... ...
rebman

rebman

My High Dollar Build Thread.... post #1
Spamspamspamspamapspampasmpmsapmaspmaspamspmaspa msppasmpsa

So I am going to start a build thread:

The Bike: Mirraco Blend One.

The Goal: A bike that will take serious street thrashing, and will be ready for whatever I throw at it, but will still decently light.

Desired Parts:
-Odyssey Lite F/R Wheels.
-Odyssey Million Dollar Sprocket.
-Primo Crank.

more will come as the progress continues, stay tuned!

Notes:
-Will have brakes. ( changed mind... going brakeless.)

Current Mods:
- Custom (welded by me) BB Bash Guard.
- Custom "Spoke Mod" with stainless welding rod.
- Custom painted candy/metal flake crank arms.
- Custom Flake/Raw Sprocket.

Some Plans:
- cutting seat post.
-slamming stem.
- undecided if i will re-spray frame, open to color suggestions..
- rawing some parts will happen.
- i ride to/from work everyday so i don't want my bike out of commission for more then a day.

Parts Ordered:
- Poverty Pivotal Seat Post
- Kink Slim Pivotal Seat
-Primo Comet Front & Rear Tires.

Some Current Pics:

So that's it for now, please give me some suggestions on what you think would work good on this bike.. I do not want to hear if it's a good bike or not, I got it for $275 so I am not worried about how good it is right now, I plan on replacing most of parts on this so it will be a great bike, even if it turns into a complete custom bike.

Comments?

One question I have though, can I just swap my 1/8th inch chain right over to a 3/32 chain or do I have to get a new sprocket?

Thanks for reading and check back for updates!

Last edited:
Stephen G

Stephen G

My High Dollar Build Thread.... post #2
Uh...That grindplate probably totally ****ed the heat treating round that area.

You may be able to swap chains, it depends on the size of the teeth on your sprocket and driver.

T

t1jay

My High Dollar Build Thread.... post #3
sounds like a good project.

The Radness

The Radness

My High Dollar Build Thread.... post #4
yah you can switch your chain out just fine big on small is a ok, small on big is bad haha

if your wanting a thicker chain, my thought is you like bashes? If that's the case i'd invest in a new sprocket instead of a chain. An Ody million dollar sprocket is probably the beefiest thing around, plus the inside guard and it's almost indestructible

Keep in mind most full guards won't take a 3/32 chain though, especially half links. You can run them, but your chain alignment has to be spot on.

And the grind plate isn't held on with a fully beaded weld, more like thick tacks. Doubt it got hot enough to do any damage.

one more thing, if you really want to raw and paint stuff, your going to have to commit to more then a day off the bike if you want it to turn out somewhat decent.

rebman

rebman

My High Dollar Build Thread.... post #5
Wow, Thanks for all the replies so quick!

As for the heat treating, I weld for a living. I just lightly tacked the bash guard on the frame. If anything it may of weakened the piece but it's a low stress area so it will be fine, I was going to make a bolt on piece but it would of been too bulky...

I was looking at those Million Dollar Sprockets, they seem pretty sweet. I never found a price on them, anyone know?

and for the chain, I think I like the idea of a 3/32 chain but it's not a priority..

Keep the comments coming guys!

203rider

My High Dollar Build Thread.... post #6
If anything it may of weakened the piece but it's a low stress area so it will be fine
So your saying the area where all your weight is put on is a low-stress area?

Yeah....and i'm the freakin' easter bunny.

IB Street

IB Street

My High Dollar Build Thread.... post #7

I lol'd.

rebman

rebman

My High Dollar Build Thread.... post #8

Either way, it's tacked on and if it breaks. I'll buy myself a new frame and weld it on again. Thanks.

kharnG

kharnG

My High Dollar Build Thread.... post #9
pivtol post an seat would look good

rebman

rebman

My High Dollar Build Thread.... post #10
Are they stronger? I can't stand my seat moving, I have my current seat cranked super tight right now..

The Radness

The Radness

My High Dollar Build Thread.... post #11
pivotals won't move at all, nose might break that's about it. I wouldn't worry about unless you have your bike land on the seat alot

here's an mds with price: http://www.danscomp.com/458044.php

I'd do all my shopping at danscomp, great site

Brocknz

Brocknz

My High Dollar Build Thread.... post #12
Are they stronger? I can't stand my seat moving, I have my current seat cranked super tight right now..
it all depends on how u ride. lyk sau bail alot. havin a pivotal is a bad idea unless u like bent up seats. railed seats are a bit stronger. pivotals are lighter and cleaner lookin. its all about preference reli.

2WheelPride

2WheelPride

My High Dollar Build Thread.... post #13
Wheels and cranks and sprocket sound good to me. I've got the MDS V3 hazard wheel and powerbites and they are all awesome. I would have dans build your back wheel for you that way you can get better spokes besides the build is free. Sounds like it will be a nice bike in the end.

CodyPrince

CodyPrince

My High Dollar Build Thread.... post #14
bash guard was a really bad idea, would have been safer and easier to customly fit a luna bash guard to it. i guess its alright

manualking

manualking

My High Dollar Build Thread.... post #15
I went to school for welding. it depends what he had his welding machine turnded up to.and what rod he used. if he had it low it shound'nt have caused and problems

rebman

rebman

My High Dollar Build Thread.... post #16
Yeah, I had amp's right around 105-110, used E70S2 wire. The bash guard was also made from 4130 Chromoly. The bike is fine, I have no concern about weakness or it cracking/breaking anything.

But anyways, here's an update!

I took my crank arms off today and scuffed them up, and painted them.... Here's some pic's of the process and the result.

Scuffed up & primer'd ready for degreasing and paint!

Degreased, hung, ready for a base coat!

All painted up & clear coated!

Can you see all the freaking glitter I put on this thing?!?!? LMAO

Another shot.

Quickly scuffed my sproket and just cleared it...

So yeah, Got those all sprayed! They are drying over night and I will lightly wet sand/ buff them tommorow and take pics of them out in the sun, that's when this glitter will litterally POP! I think they will be cool, I'll scratch the hell out of them and then repaint them some other crazy combo!

Comments?

rebman

rebman

My High Dollar Build Thread.... post #17
Got my spoke mod done! I actually used a piece of stainless 1/16th welding rod, it works good, I am going to mod some more with my brakes, I would like to use all stainless line. we'll see!

M

MATRIX

My High Dollar Build Thread.... post #18
Uh...That grindplate probably totally ****ed the heat treating round that area.

You may be able to swap chains, it depends on the size of the teeth on your sprocket and driver.
Survey says...chances are good it did.

And this isn't the 100% right section for this thread. It's more a project/experiment and thats more tech. But, with pics and specs I'll leave it here.

rebman

rebman

My High Dollar Build Thread.... post #19
Survey says...chances are good it did.

For the last time, I don't give a shit about it hurting the heat treating, if it even did. Like I said numerous other times, if the frame cracks, i'll just buy a new one. No sweat off my back. it's a bike it does what I want it to. Mkay?

joanz

joanz

My High Dollar Build Thread.... post #20
colous suggestion...paint some of the parts'sprocket,hubs,headset,rim blue?...look really good with the black!

New Topics