My handle bars feel really tight when I turn.

• Discuss My handle bars feel really tight when I turn. in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I just put my threadless headset back together and now when I ride it feels really tight when I turn.. I don't know what to do. Any help? ...
B

berg

My handle bars feel really tight when I turn. post #1
I just put my threadless headset back together and now when I ride it feels really tight when I turn.. I don't know what to do. Any help?

2WheelPride

2WheelPride

My handle bars feel really tight when I turn. post #2
Integrated or not? If no Sealed or unsealed? If Un then you may have put a bearing in upside down or over-tightened the compression bolt.

Otherwise you may have over-tightened the compression bolt.

B

berg

My handle bars feel really tight when I turn. post #3
Integrated or not? If no Sealed or unsealed? If Un then you may have put a bearing in upside down or over-tightened the compression bolt.

Otherwise you may have over-tightened the compression bolt.
Not Integrated, Sealed.

C

Capo617

My handle bars feel really tight when I turn. post #4
Sounds too tight. Did you try to loosen compression both a tiny bit?

I

iGamble

My handle bars feel really tight when I turn. post #5
Loosen the compression bolt and then loosen your pinch bolts on your stem. Then snug up the compression bolt and then tighten up your pinch bolts.

B

berg

My handle bars feel really tight when I turn. post #6
Sounds too tight. Did you try to loosen compression both a tiny bit?
I put it to the point where I can turn it with my fingers.

I

iGamble

My handle bars feel really tight when I turn. post #7
You have to loosen your pinch bolts on your stem before anything will re-adjust.

matt69bmx

matt69bmx

My handle bars feel really tight when I turn. post #8
maybe you just put the spacers and bearings in wrong? thats what i did once

B

berg

My handle bars feel really tight when I turn. post #9
Well it feels a little better after lossening my stem and then loosening the compression bolt and all that. But not as good as it should. I'll keep messing with it, thanks guys!

C

Capo617

My handle bars feel really tight when I turn. post #10
Well it feels a little better after lossening my stem and then loosening the compression bolt and all that. But not as good as it should. I'll keep messing with it, thanks guys!
Yeah, I forgot to include to loosen the pinch bolts on the stem first lol. But yeah it takes some adjusting to get it right. It happens to mind all the time when I take the forks off to paint or whatever. Good luck, man.

New Topics