My back brakes are not effective how do make it affective?

• Discuss My back brakes are not effective how do make it affective? in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hey ive alrady taken out my front brakes if u already read my ealier post cause i really dont need it...and i oni haf my back brakes now...but whenever... ...
C

Chihuahua_riders_inc

My back brakes are not effective how do make it affective? post #1
Hey ive alrady taken out my front brakes if u already read my ealier post cause i really dont need it...and i oni haf my back brakes now...but whenever i brake da wheel still moves no matter how hard i press it...can anione tell me how can i make da brake affective so whenever i will it will stop :?: :?:

M

MONGOOSE_MENACE_UK

My back brakes are not effective how do make it affective? post #2
buy ew ones? :twisted:

W

Wynex

My back brakes are not effective how do make it affective? post #3
Try to clean your rims - this should help. If it's not good enough after this also try to sandpaper them or/and your brakes :D

C

Chihuahua_riders_inc

My back brakes are not effective how do make it affective? post #4
huh as in use a sand paper and sand da rims? will it damage da rims?

T

techniquekid

My back brakes are not effective how do make it affective? post #5
it will help u grip ur rims better................. cos it will roughen up the surface and it will clean dirt... but ur rims will become noisy.... when u brake.... u could oso use sugar solution and rub it all over ur rims

M

MONGOOSE_MENACE_UK

My back brakes are not effective how do make it affective? post #6
so just buy new ones and then you can keep the rims and bin the brakes

I

infantry43RIDER

My back brakes are not effective how do make it affective? post #7
shut up mongoose...he doesn't need to buy new damn brakes.

M

MONGOOSE_MENACE_UK

My back brakes are not effective how do make it affective? post #8
how do you no? :roll: if that was i, i would buy new back brakes because sanding the rims will probley f*ck them and brakes come alot cheaper than rims u idiot infantry! plus someone said if he does sand them they will be making noice which would wreck head! so i f ya cant fix them another way bin them and get new brakes

Z

zokez

My back brakes are not effective how do make it affective? post #9
i know that in the trials world, the riders apply tar on their rims. but i don't think this trick can be applied on bmx.

D

Darkmana

My back brakes are not effective how do make it affective? post #10
1st, read evancs brake 101 (easy to find if you search).
New brakes can be just as shit as old ones so no need to spend unnecessarily. Try some better pads, adjust them properly and keep em clean with simple green or something like that.

DM

I

infantry43RIDER

My back brakes are not effective how do make it affective? post #11
MONGOOSE_MENACE_UK said:
how do you no? :roll: if that was i, i would buy new back brakes because sanding the rims will probley f*ck them and brakes come alot cheaper than rims u idiot infantry! plus someone said if he does sand them they will be making noice which would wreck head! so i f ya cant fix them another way bin them and get new brakes
dude sanding the rims won't break them...whos the idiot?
and my friend sanded his rear rim and it helped the braking power a lot...without any noice difference than what sometimes happens with braking...again whos the idiot?

E

evanc

My back brakes are not effective how do make it affective? post #12
Bicycle Repair 101.

D

Darkmana

My back brakes are not effective how do make it affective? post #13
Thanks for the correction. It was so good it fixed my brakes and I haven`t had to look at it since :)

Jobs a good un

DM

T

tabletop360

My back brakes are not effective how do make it affective? post #14
go to bike-guide.org and go to the brake bit the best bit if brake advice on the netr tells u every thing a i now have sweet brakes 8)

M

mombassaa

My back brakes are not effective how do make it affective? post #15
my mate trials and bmxs. he puts tar on his trials rims and it works so sweet! so he put it on his bmx rims and it dos work.
it makes them stick to s**t.

E

evanc

My back brakes are not effective how do make it affective? post #16
Jesus Christ. If you just learn to work on your brakes, they will out perform anything. Tar, superglue, coke, anything. All that shit ****s up your rims and pads. And your springs.

C

CorrosiveBlade

My back brakes are not effective how do make it affective? post #17
you could always just not use back brakes, i dont have any brakes and it works just fine.. of course u use up alot of shoes jaming your foor into the fork.

I

infantry43RIDER

My back brakes are not effective how do make it affective? post #18
you jam your foot into the fork to stop dude?!
you are going to fall on your face one of these times

i ride brakeless as im sure a lot of you know i just turn my bike sideways to stop...don't even need to do any jamming of the foot anywhere...kinda like what Vic Ayala does to stop.

4bz

My back brakes are not effective how do make it affective? post #19
tbf theres loads you can do to the brakes that affect the pressure applied to rims before you even think about touching them with loads of shit.
Just get the break wire as short as possible, not hard to adjust. the more tension the more pressure on the rims, u just have to pull harder on ur break levers.

A

apathy

My back brakes are not effective how do make it affective? post #20
infant, do you mean like an ice hockey stop?

how do you pulll up quickly in an emergency?

New Topics