moving handle bars.

• Discuss moving handle bars. in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hi, im new to bmx and I just bought a second hand bmx the other day (Schwinn Power Matic..not sure if its in US or Europe or called that there)... ...
  • Tags bike bmx
davey o

davey o

moving handle bars. post #1
Hi, im new to bmx and I just bought a second hand bmx the other day (Schwinn Power Matic..not sure if its in US or Europe or called that there)

anyway... after i was trying bunny hops and stuff for a while the handle bars started tilting forward, so i put them back and tightened the stem thingy up real tight, but it still does it a little.

i was wondering how to stop them from moving forwards or backwards completely.

sorry if it has an obvious answer,
thanks.

D

DrunkPunk180

moving handle bars. post #2
you need some tools for that
some alen wrenches
get the alen wrenches and tighten the bolts in the clamp

S

speedhead350

moving handle bars. post #3
info

schwinn sucks!

but i ride one so that means i a moron too.
*edit*

F

federal_rider12

moving handle bars. post #4
well if the bars have paint on the grooves you need to sand it off and get it out of the groove also make sure there is no grease or oil on it then torque the bolts on the stem down as tight as possible

@

@:::BMXdevil:::@

moving handle bars. post #5
maybe you need some spacers to put on :p

F

federal_rider12

moving handle bars. post #6
@:::BMXdevil:::@ said:
maybe you need some spacers to put on :p
?????????????

also schwinns are nice bikes, like el jefe-man i like that bike. my friend had an automatic garcia and it was awesome. my dad still owns an old schwinn race bike that ive had to and still got more tune ups to do on it

davey o

davey o

moving handle bars. post #7
here is a pic of my bike.

whats the difference between the mags my bike has and spoked wheels?

(edit:) and what are spacers?

F

federal_rider12

moving handle bars. post #8
spoked wheels consist of hubs, rims, and spokes. mags are just altogether and are mainly made of plastic. there are good sides and bad sides to both of them

davey o

davey o

moving handle bars. post #9
yeah i know what they are, but whats the pros/cons of each?

S

sandmriderbmx

moving handle bars. post #10
well if you break a spoke u can easily replace it, if you crack your mag your screwed and gotta buy a whole new wheel, also ive never heard of a sealed mag.

tht sucks about tht movement in the bars, it sounds like either the bars are too small for the stem or the stems not tight enough, either that or the rough stuff on the bars is worn down which means u gotta get new bars, or u could have the same problem with the stem which means you need a new stem

I

infantry43RIDER

moving handle bars. post #11
i don't think there is sealed mags...but i could be wrong.

but haha...for some reason that bike is attractive...i think its the mags...because i ride one in front.

gorgorothrider

gorgorothrider

moving handle bars. post #12
also tighten the bolt the same way so the clamp is parralel to the stem

it grips better

F

federal_rider12

moving handle bars. post #13
i think i saw a sealed mag wheel ill see if i can find it again

davey o

davey o

moving handle bars. post #14
thanks for all the tips and help :)
unfortunately i totally bunged my tail bone on the weekend so i havn't riden my bike much, so im not sure if the problem has stopped.

F

federal_rider12

moving handle bars. post #15
ah the tail bone, there is something seriously wrong with mine it cant be broken, or i would have been in the hospital, but i get alot of pain from it. who knows whats wrong but its painful

S

sandmriderbmx

moving handle bars. post #16
infantry43RIDER said:
i don't think there is sealed mags...but i could be wrong.

but haha...for some reason that bike is attractive...i think its the mags...because i ride one in front.
the orange frame with the black mags looks awesome

F

federal_rider12

moving handle bars. post #17

check it out sealed bearing mags!!! skyway tuf II how bad is that!?!? those ones are also brand new

New Topics