mountain biker trying to get into bmx

D

dEad

mountain biker trying to get into bmx post #1
ive ridden a Spooky Bandwagon MTB for the last few years,but after moving to an area without any convenient offroad i was thinking about turning to bmx. i was wondering if anyone would be able to suggest a good bike to start out on for around the £3/400 mark. i was wanting something with a decent frame that i could upgrade as i went along.
i was intending to ride mainly street but i also wanted something that wouldnt make flatland totally impossible.

any help would be appreciated.

B

Bigboomer

mountain biker trying to get into bmx post #2
Look at Haro. Cheap prices, decent bikes, excellent availability and great for beginners. Haro 540 Mirra (street) or a Haro Backtrail X3 (this is for dirt jumping, but I am just giving you alternatives). There's also a lot of other street bikes out there, I recommend visiting your local bike shop.

E

evanc

mountain biker trying to get into bmx post #3
Step 1: Buy BMX bike. Remeber, you get what you pay for.
Step 2: Smash computer
Step 3: Go ride and don't worry about shit.

B

Bigboomer

mountain biker trying to get into bmx post #4
Yup. The only use for the net and BMX's is a few tips from experienced riders, and even then, it's -=-=ALWAYS=-=- better to have real world experience rather then going on tips.

G

gt_thumps

mountain biker trying to get into bmx post #5
yeah. thats a good idea. talk to the locals go to local bmx shops and find out good spots to ride and get a bike for that.

F

FOL

mountain biker trying to get into bmx post #6
there aren't always locals. then sites as bmxtrix can help a great deal giving you some tips. But the actual learning is with practising of course.

Maiden

Maiden

mountain biker trying to get into bmx post #7
Bigboomer said:
Look at Haro. Cheap prices, decent bikes, excellent availability and great for beginners. Haro 540 Mirra (street) or a Haro Backtrail X3 (this is for dirt jumping, but I am just giving you alternatives). There's also a lot of other street bikes out there, I recommend visiting your local bike shop.
Yea go with haro, i love mine. Never had any major problems yet

jonpeck

jonpeck

mountain biker trying to get into bmx post #8
haro are great pepole say there cranks bend.My 15 stone mate does dirt jumps on mine and its perfect.Haro are good to slowly upgrade coz u can live with the stock parts

Maiden

Maiden

mountain biker trying to get into bmx post #9
Wow i just realized this post is 2 years old. o_O lol

jonpeck

jonpeck

mountain biker trying to get into bmx post #10
ure right

New Topics