Mosh Lux 4 Star

• Discuss Mosh Lux 4 Star in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I'm looking at getting a BMX bike to ride around with my son and I saw a Mosh Lux 4 star for 254.99 through a mail order shop. Is this a good beginner... ...
  • Tags bike bikes bmx bmx bike bmx track dirt jump
P

Platypus

Mosh Lux 4 Star post #1
I'm looking at getting a BMX bike to ride around with my son and I saw a Mosh Lux 4 star for 254.99 through a mail order shop. Is this a good beginner bike for the price?

fenixbykeco

fenixbykeco

Mosh Lux 4 Star post #2
Its an excellent price. Its an excellent bike. Its a good bike for good riders also. Its well worth over $600. With a 21" toptube, it should be an excellent size. Waste no time in getting it immediately before they all sell out.

www.danscomp.com

Excellent.

E

Element Biker Dude

Mosh Lux 4 Star post #3
HELL YES GET THAT THING

P

Platypus

Mosh Lux 4 Star post #4
Done....if anyone is interested I ordered it online at www.danscomp.com. Total came to about 275 with shipping and no sales tax since i don't live in their state. I can't wait to see how high i can bunnyhop after not riding for approximately 15 years. I'm gonna guess maybe 6 inches lol. If i can hop up curbs i'll be happy.

P

Platypus

Mosh Lux 4 Star post #5
Got my bike last night and it took me about 30 minutes just to figure out how the damn brake cable connected to the bake lever. I have never seen a brake cable like that until yesterday. I took it out for a test ride right away and manged to bunny hop up some curbs and shit....I was pretty suprised to see i can still hop about a foot high. I must say that i think chain tensioners on a bmx bike are just stupid. I just took them off because they don't work as simply as chain tensioners on a dirt bike and were just a hassle. I guess i got the last lux 4 star at dan's because i noticed they don't have it on their website anymore so hooray for me and **** you. :D

L

leon_luxton

Mosh Lux 4 Star post #6
well good to know ya got ya bike :D wots it ride like...ya gonna do any jumps yet :twisted: post a pic of ya bike if ya can...would ya say danscomp is good mailorder thingy then..how did it come?well boxed ect..?
WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF BMX :wink:

P

Platypus

Mosh Lux 4 Star post #7
I'd say dan's was pretty good as far as getting the bike to me quickly. It came in the manufacturers box and there was some damage to the box and a few nicks on the bottom bracket but nothing worth complaining about for the price i paid. As far as the ride, my last bike was a CW and that was about 15 years ago, this bike feels so solid and i'm 6'3" and weigh about 230. The hard part right now is getting used to riding such a small bike I guess. I don't think i'll be doing much jumping and what not utnil i feel more comfortable on the bike...right my goal is to learn how to manual and in the distant future learn how to ride parks. I hate the color, it's bright red, but oh well. I'm mostly doing this for my son because he has been off training wheels since he was just over 2 1/2 which is pretty damn amazing and i'm sure most of you will agree. I bought him a gt micro mini and he's been to the bmx track a few times although he has problems getting up one of the jumps right out of a berm. He just turned 3 in septemeber so i decided we'll wait a bit before we go back to the track..i don't want to discourage him so he does'nt lose interest in bikes. I was thinking that i'd get him a 16" like a dk general lee or the mosh method mini when he's about 6 so he can start getting into the street and dirt side of it. Ok enough ranting about that but hey im a proud dad what can i say... If you want to see pics of my bike just go to www.moshbikes.com it's the lux 4 star. btw did anyone catch my bad religion refernce in my last post?

V

Vic_Vega

Mosh Lux 4 Star post #8
I caught it, so hurray for me and f*ck you. Lol j/k. Bad Religion rock man.

G

Mosh Lux 4 Star post #9
hope you have fun

New Topics