Mongoose god

• Discuss Mongoose god in the Old School BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Thats right!!!! I have a few bikes in mongoose, I love the brand. So far i've got seven mongoose bmx bikes now. I started to collect them a few months... ...
Bmx Boy 88

Bmx Boy 88

Mongoose god post #1
Thats right!!!! I have a few bikes in mongoose, I love the brand. So far i've got seven mongoose bmx bikes now. I started to collect them a few months ago on ebay, I rebuild em from scratch. Tear down & rebuild. All brand new parts. I don't use used parts cuz i don't like em going out on me. It SUCKS. Anyways i'm a mongoose boy. Right now i got an accelerate, Its a great frame, And long too which i like, cuz i'm 6ft. I still have every part i take off the old bikes, and save them, Who knows, some poor fella out there might b in desprite need of a part. So thats why i save them, I clean them all up, the ones that i can't save , i toss. Stripped bolts nuts. ect, So far i've got 2outer limits, 95 & 04 year models. And 3 hoop d's 95, 97, & 05 year models. I don't know if ya'll go bye year models, but i do, Thats how i shop for mine. and got 2 mongoose fractions, 07 models, one blue, and the other white. I've only rode them once, down the street and back, Just to make sure they were going to work for me this summer. I'm doing a bunch of really cool stuff with friends, i'm spending every day on my bikes, learning how to do tricks and jumps. I'm a freak bmx rider. Well thats what my friends r calling me now, cuz i've let go of myself, Already been to the ER four times in the past year. I'm always getting myself hurt, but lucky for me, i only get hair line fractures. So it does not take me long to recover. The doc said my bones r really strong. So i don't break that much. Hey do ya'll think skate boarders suck???? I do, there all ASSHOLES at the park. I mean not one has said something nice to me. But SCREW em. Bmx is way cooler then a weak ass board underneath u. Plus a bike lasts longer then wood. I recently broke up with my gf, cuz shes a skate boarder. and does not like me saying shit about there sport. But i'm cool with it, i'm sure i'll find a pretty bmx girl somewhere out there. THAT would b great to find one. Sorry this is so long, but i wanted to tell everyone my story. I'm still a nebie to bmx, but have learned so much in the past year, i feel like a pro. But know i'll never b that good of a rider. No need to reply, Just enjoy reading this thread, thats all i ask. but if anyone has any Q's about this thread, Please reply. i'd like to know what ya'll think. Hope everyone here is doing great.

P.S If ur going to say something bad about me, then DON"T Bother replying. Thanx BMX BOY:wink:

Justin

Justin

Mongoose god post #2
Speaking of old Mongooses, (Or is it Mongeese?) I have yet to find any still existing early 90's Hooligans, when they were the Dennis McCoy model. I always wanted one, but I can't even find pics of them anywhere. Know of any?

allforone

allforone

Mongoose god post #3
nothin bad to say about you man i like your story. i ride a mongoose myself i dont know what kind. it was made somewhere from 05 to present im guessing. my frame came blue with an orange fork. i have all performance parts on it......or at least most of em...(im rockin the poverty 1piece crank heh heh) as for finding a gorgeous bmx girl im sure theres one out there for each of us

Bmx Boy 88

Bmx Boy 88

Mongoose god post #4
Umm, that is going to b a hard one to find dude. Cuz its one that keeps its value better then others. I had a chance to pick one up once, but it had a bad dent in the frame. Umm, an early 90's hooligan???? I just got done looking on ebay and didn't come across any of them. wow thats a hard one. I don't know where you'll b able to get one. May b from a collector. but thats going to b costly too. Ur name is Justin right???? Let me chack around where i live, and see if i can't run across one, and i'll post a pix of it on here for ya.

Bmx Boy 88

Bmx Boy 88

Mongoose god post #5
Speaking of old Mongooses, (Or is it Mongeese?) I have yet to find any still existing early 90's Hooligans, when they were the Dennis McCoy model. I always wanted one, but I can't even find pics of them anywhere. Know of any?
Eh,,, its mongOOse. Not geese. MONGOOSE, Not ES. Yea i once thougt the same thing when i was real little. I've always been inlove with the name.

Bmx Boy 88

Bmx Boy 88

Mongoose god post #6
nothin bad to say about you man i like your story. i ride a mongoose myself i dont know what kind. it was made somewhere from 05 to present im guessing. my frame came blue with an orange fork. i have all performance parts on it......or at least most of em...(im rockin the poverty 1piece crank heh heh) as for finding a gorgeous bmx girl im sure theres one out there for each of us
Ha yea ur cool. Poverty's r nice. i like there cranks r bad ass. I got performance on my bikes aswell. Cuz i use them in performance racing, well not a real racing but we got a great racing track in town that me and a bunch of other kids race and do trix at. but my and a bunch of other bmx kids on my block go racing alot when they get outs skool. I'm out already, i go to college. CSU. colorado state. I'm out for the summer now. so i'm going to get more into the racing. I did a bunch of flatland tricks at college. got some trickets to go with my ride, but there only like 50 bucks. so its not bad. I had to get my bike registered. Kinda like a tag for it. but go's on ur handel bars, so it wont get stolen.

Bmx Boy 88

Bmx Boy 88

Mongoose god post #7
Eh,, Sorry i type to fast and screw up my typing. Hope u can read it ok

allforone

allforone

Mongoose god post #8
nah its cool do u ride brakeless? what about pegless?

Bmx Boy 88

Bmx Boy 88

Mongoose god post #9
Yep, i don't do brakes. Never really liked em. And i use pegs when i do flatland trix. And park. But not for racing, i take them off. I've got grind pegs, and rider pegs. Actually, on one of my hoop d's i had my welder weld a pair on to the back frame. I did a lot of really cool things to my rides. There all tricked out in a way no one has ever seen before, I've got three of em in the shop right now being painted. i'd do it myself, but ain't got time cuz of college and my new job. I tried brakes when i first started, but couldent get myself used to using brakes. My friends said it would b better to learn balance from, but i had better balance without them, i just use my foot, Do footjams alot tho. Just to do my endo's and rockwalks.its way easier then using brakes i think. I go thro shoes a lot tho cuz of it. My mom got tired of always having to buy my shoes. So now i just go out and buy my own, i use skate shoes. They work the best for me. I got two pairs of Etnies, and one pair of DC. And three pairs of vans. my favorites the no skool from vans. there great.

R

Robf781

Mongoose god post #10
Whats the problem with skaters? I think everyone seems to have this preconcieved idea that skaters are the enemy and therefore automatically hate them. A few years back I used to ride everywhere with a board on my back as well in case I saw some good skating whilst I was out, I also had a lot of skater mates and they were all cool.

Bmx Boy 88

Bmx Boy 88

Mongoose god post #11
well Rob, if thats ur name which i'm guessing it is, anyways, i don't actually hate them, just hate the stuff they say about my bmx. Its like they own the dam skate park, I told em, its not the name that makes it theres. Its for anyone and everyone. I don't know where ur at. or what skate park u use, but let me tell u, i've been to severle different parks, and all the skaters think they own the freaking park. It get sick. and they even try to keep me from doing my trix. like i was doing a trick on the half pipe, Girnd, and this dude comes out of no where and just about runs into me and my bike. He got me really pissed off. So i just gave up and left, They can have there skate park. Besides, i like streets better. Cuz i can do grinds off of car hood/. Ha sorry just kidding about that part. Yea sure they where cool with u cuz ur one of them. Its a war between us bmxers and skate boarders. do bmx long enough and u'll find out. they make it hard for us bmxers.

R

Robf781

Mongoose god post #12
I've been bmxing for about 7 years, then had a 8 year break and I'm now back into it albeit slightly rusty (or very). I'm in the uk so I guess it might be different across the pond but I always found if you give them respect you get it back. Skaters are in the same boat as us bmxers and they're usually decent enough. OK you sometimes get an arse, but then I've met several bmxers who were also arses so I guess it balances out.

allforone

allforone

Mongoose god post #13
my favorite shoes are my hamiltons but i really want a pair of adio eugene bmx edition shoes theyre so friggin compfortable

seanmcguire

seanmcguire

Mongoose god post #14
In my experiance I've found skaters are more chill than bmxers. Usually I go up to the bmxer and talk to him if he's at my park, but wherever I go skaters always chat with me

Bmx Boy 88

Bmx Boy 88

Mongoose god post #15
Yea Well the skaters i know arent very nice at all.

Superbeast

Superbeast

Mongoose god post #16
skaters where im at
dont generally mess with bmxers or me for that matter,
i have gotten into multiple fights with some over gettin in my damn way when doin stuff or half the time they start b*tching cuz im just near them
most i know are assholes but some are nice

R

Robf781

Mongoose god post #17
my favorite shoes are my hamiltons but i really want a pair of adio eugene bmx edition shoes theyre so friggin compfortable
What was that about? :hmm:

Superbeast

Superbeast

Mongoose god post #18
maybe wrong thread
i saw one about shoes before

F

Flatlander1988

Mongoose god post #19
Hey man,, I know how it is out there,, Altho i don't have that much trouble with bmxers. There different everywheres,, My advise to you is keep your head high,, and don't let them get to ya,, everyone can b a jerk at times,, Does not mean everyone is,, Anyways,, i ride the same model as you,, Thats cool.. U own so many mongoose models. I only have two right now,, Aswell as a fit Atikin.. Anyways gotta go,, cya

G

guzziee

Mongoose god post #20
here's a hooligan:

HTML:
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=211312

New Topics