Mike Aitkin is the man!!!

• Discuss Mike Aitkin is the man!!! in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I was watching the Skate Park Dew Tour tonight on MTV2 and they mentioned a bit about Stephen Murray. He talked about how he designed the dirt course... ...
BoyOBoyle

BoyOBoyle

Mike Aitkin is the man!!! post #1
I was watching the Skate Park Dew Tour tonight on MTV2 and they mentioned a bit about Stephen Murray. He talked about how he designed the dirt course which looked so sick with some massive jumps.

Then they showed Mike Aitkin winning the competition and handing his 1st place check over to Stephen Murray.

I gotta say, that is just too cool.

T

time2ride

Mike Aitkin is the man!!! post #2
awsome guy! stay strong stephen! and aitkin has awsome tires!

r1seofbrutality

r1seofbrutality

Mike Aitkin is the man!!! post #3
yeah i saw that before to he is pretty chill to do that and that course was amzing looking i must say

Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris

Mike Aitkin is the man!!! post #4
Mike Aitken is legit.

J

jawn

Mike Aitkin is the man!!! post #5
Aitken won it without doing the circus tricks too.

T

Trendy

Mike Aitkin is the man!!! post #6
That was pretty nice about giving over the check and yeah he shred anything he rides

biketillidie

biketillidie

Mike Aitkin is the man!!! post #7
Great guy, great rider.

chrome bmx

chrome bmx

Mike Aitkin is the man!!! post #8
a great guy, one of my favourite riders.

A

AaronBMX

Mike Aitkin is the man!!! post #9
that's awesome, i gotta love how he won it without doing the flips and stuff indeed.

L

LT72884

Mike Aitkin is the man!!! post #10
Hey here is a quick update on Mike.

He is currently in the hospital right now because last week he had a bad accident and is in an induced coma with a shatterd nose, eye socket, jaw and damage to his brain stem. I work with his dad down here in Salt lake city.

biketillidie

biketillidie

Mike Aitkin is the man!!! post #11
Thanks for the update man, I hope he makes a full, speedy recovery.

L

LT72884

Mike Aitkin is the man!!! post #12
AS do i. His dad flew out Monday and his sisters flew out yesterday. He should be fine because it is an induced coma which means they can pull out when they need to. I snowboard with that guy all the time BUT this year and possibly next wil not happen. His equalibrium might be out of wack for a while.

biketillidie

biketillidie

Mike Aitkin is the man!!! post #13
Sounds rough man. Send my, and everyone at BMX-Forum's regards to the family and Mike if you can! :)

L

LT72884

Mike Aitkin is the man!!! post #14
Yeah i will. It was back east in Pennsylvania. Im not sure if was a practice or a show

eastpak

eastpak

Mike Aitkin is the man!!! post #15
Mike is amazing, he has such a great attitude to riding and shows that you dont have to pull millions of tailwhips and flips to be a great rider. Hope he gets well soon!

B

bmxgrl1

Mike Aitkin is the man!!! post #16
they have updates on his website www.mikeaitken.com doesnt sound good...everyone send good vibes his way!

L

LT72884

Mike Aitkin is the man!!! post #17
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=294&sid=4475365

Last night we talked with his dad Ron. He said that mike is gonna be ok. it is not life threatning BUT riding a bike will be a long time away. He is still in a coma BUT the most important part of it all, he moved his fingers and toes.

L

LT72884

Mike Aitkin is the man!!! post #18
Just to let you all know. Mike was flown home last night. It was a $30,000 flight BUT the fundrisers took care of it. He is still in a coma BUT he is slowly awakening. His dad talked with me today and said that there are NO visitors allowed at the hospital unless your close family. In about a week, they will let more visitors. His wife and son seem to be in good spirits and thank every one for there donations. The dad says there are over 40 fundraisers goning on this weekend all over the world.

biketillidie

biketillidie

Mike Aitkin is the man!!! post #19
Great news :)

New Topics