messin up

• Discuss messin up in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hey, i am trying to get down the flatland tail-whip. I can get on the front tireand get the bike a lil more than half the way around. But then i... ...
  • Tags 180 bike bmx flatland tailwhip wheelie
S

speed10

messin up post #1
Hey, i am trying to get down the flatland tail-whip. I can get on the front tireand get the bike a lil more than half the way around. But then i either start to fall or the back tire hits the ground. Also on the fork wheelie, i am supposed to make my self do a 180 on the front tire so i can ride backwards. Every single time i try to do a 180, i fall. Got any hints?

thanks

L

leon_luxton

messin up post #2
on the tailwhip when i goes to fall(the back wheel that is) pull the bars back then push to keep the tire of the floor.leon luxton :respekt:

S

speed10

messin up post #3
il try it

aight dude, il try what u say. hopefully it works. but does anyone know how i can do the fork wheelie? i cant do the 180 rotation so i can ride on the front pegs and get the back tire up. :wall:
thanks leon.

-speed

L

leon_luxton

messin up post #4
cool.i caN DO A FORK WHEELIE SO I WILL TRY AND HELP YOU.right...................what i do is go foward slowly wid my right foot on the back peg and left foot on front peg.then.i just spin......(sometimes i dont spin anothe,somtimes i spin to much...you just need to learn to get that right).....as i am spinin i start to scuff and you should beable to go in a straight line after a few days of pratice.....when you can do that stop scuffin and lift the back end up by puttin you hand on the seat.and keep your balence(easier said then done).then put the back wheel down and spin back onto the bike(thats the part i cant do).......leon luxton.it took me about a week to learn to do it without brakes and i can do it quite well when i time it all corret

S

speed10

messin up post #5
ok

uhg. might take me a while of trying. thanks so much for your help. Il try exactly what u say. But everytime i try to spin, its like my tire has to much traction and it wont slide. How long have you been doing BMX? ive only been going for a few months. and im still not very good. but i hope il get better. thanks again.

Speed-

L

leon_luxton

messin up post #6
about a mouth but not propally until about 2 1/2 weeks now.i pratice every day for about 4 hours all my myself cos none of the other kids flatland and i am 14 and they are like 6to10.it sucks.any way good luck man!!!

S

speed10

messin up post #7
DAM!

dam dude, only a MONTH!!?? holy crap. but ur right practice makes perfect. I guess il try and bike for a few hrs a day until school staerts. I should have down the tail whip in about 4 days-5 days. and i just went out side and tried what u told me to do on the fork wheelie. I made the rotation and went for like 1 ft then i lost balance. man ur good at bikin. Im 15 by the way. noone near me even BMX's, its sad. so its hard to get out and try for a few hrs everyday. BUt thanks for everything, c ya.

-speed

E

evanc

messin up post #8
I tried them for two nights, for about an hour a night. Landed a flatland tailwhip (on my STA), the second night. They aren't that hard. Oh, and I've got no front brakes.

S

speed10

messin up post #9
good for you

good for you on landing your tail whip. must be very proud. i dont have any front brakes either. did u just stick ur right foot into the fork and bring the back up and kick the bike to the right with ur left foot? thats what im doin and i almost landed a few today

B

Blues

messin up post #10
Yo, I am also havin touble with the tailwhip. Really, I got the speed, but I keep losing balance and fallin on my face. :wall: either that or when I start to go, I hit halfway and my foot slips the wheel out and I taste the metal on my handle bars. I am a real newbie (literally, only a week I started, but I got the endo, bus driver, and flatground barspin down) so yeah, any help would be great

E

evanc

messin up post #11
Re: good for you

speed10 said:
good for you on landing your tail whip. must be very proud. i dont have any front brakes either. did u just stick ur right foot into the fork and bring the back up and kick the bike to the right with ur left foot? thats what im doin and i almost landed a few today
Exactly.

S

speed10

messin up post #12
here

i just did what leon told me to do and i can do it now. when ur going just sove your foot into the fork and lean forward a lil and kick the bike hard with ur back foot. when the bike is infront of u, just pull the bars to u a lil bit and that should keep it going. for me, now the hard part is gettin the fork wheelie. but anyways, good luck dude.

New Topics