manuels

S

sentaafEQpovar

manuels post #1
how do u make practicing manuels in your front yard fun? its insanely borign for me

RuLe

RuLe

manuels post #2
dont practice manualls liek that. i learned by , everyday i went out side to bike you no how it takes along time to bike where you want. well we anyways manualled for the hell of it and had run. And you get it more and more like every week or month (depending on how much u ride) and i one day got a long one and relized i could do them and then practiced

E

EPMD

manuels post #3
err.. i dont really find it boring :/ i just manual up to my mini.. go fakie and rollout.. everytime i start the manaul a bit earlier and thats how i practice it..

RuLe

RuLe

manuels post #4
the hardest part is finding your balance point and once u start finding that then your on your way and not far from manuallign 100+ feet

S

sentaafEQpovar

manuels post #5
is your balance point what keeps u from wobbling side to side or from leaning back to much or forward to much, cuase i got the ladder down, i just always ride off to my sides and stuff

RuLe

RuLe

manuels post #6
well leaning side to side takes more balance. you got to lean how to move with the bike and not always try keeping it straight. say it leans to the right. lean with it but get control of it instead of forcing it straight again, then u lose your balance

fenixbykeco

fenixbykeco

manuels post #7
After watching Wide Awake Nightmare, I realized that I manual like Mike Aitkin.

Turning my bars kinda helps me out for not going side to side but maybe it only works for me.

S

sentaafEQpovar

manuels post #8
i put on my new front rim, omg, it runs so straight, my other rim had about 2/3 an inch of wobble, my new one has at the most prolly 1'2 a mm of wobble, its so strait, omg, i wasnt goingall over the polace on my manuels just now, cuase i used to be all croocked right no the start of my manuels

T

Trimix

manuels post #9
sentaafEQpovar said:
how do u make practicing manuels in your front yard fun? its insanely borign for me
I guess everyone is different and has different places to ride, but I get in a routine of practicing them after my jumps. I am not ALWAYS jumping, but when I am, I work on several manuals on each return trip. Jump, land, turn and manual back.....over and over and over and over...(did I say over?)

Also one thing that helped me learn my balance point, was to get a little less than a foot from something solid, on flat ground (concrete wall, column, telephone pole, etc) and learn to lean up against it with your shoulder (right or left, you decide) with the front wheel up. You can use the wall/building as a crutch. Get the bike the right distance off the wall, and you can lean against the wall while you lean back on the back wheel.....then lean off the all and back on with your shoulder. Does that make sense?

S

sentaafEQpovar

manuels post #10
i tired the manuel thing on the return trip but the ground was too bumpy and i kept telling myslef, ill smooth it out in a bit, but never got to it

I

infantry43RIDER

manuels post #11
fenixbykeco said:

Turning my bars kinda helps me out for not going side to side but maybe it only works for me.
yea dude i manual like mike a little bit.
turning my bars helps me out...i usually have them turned a bit to the right.

F

fezzz669

manuels post #12
fenixbykeco said:

speaking of bmx videos anyone seen RAD? thats the most awsomest bmx movie to ever b made. if u havnt seen it yor missen out download it on imesh if u havnt seen it. RAD c'mon woot

I

infantry43RIDER

manuels post #13
yes i have seen that movie.
it is ok...i mean its old and stuff and about racing but its the roots of BMX i guess in a way.

and the dudes jump out of a spoon.

C

casperh

manuels post #14
for beginner i also advice you to watch the transworlds movies, they explain everything very well :)

S

sentaafEQpovar

manuels post #15
wow nifty trick i learned out of chance yesterday

if at the begininng of the manuel i pull my bars up, then lean back i dont have to worry about leaning off to the sides

when i just lean back and let my wieght pull the front end up i almost always get sideways.... kinda like how u have to pull up with your arms wierd when doing a wheelie while sitting opposed to a wheelie while standing

T

Trimix

manuels post #16
I think I know what you mean. Right before I pull, I make sure my arms are loose and straight, they are nothing more than connectors to connect my shoulders to the bars....this is how I think when I manual.

RuLe

RuLe

manuels post #17
i never use brakes manualling. never have to

I

infantry43RIDER

manuels post #18
yea...to me it is better when you don't.
but again...to each his own.

T

Trimix

manuels post #19
NO, I never use the brake......

F

FOL

manuels post #20
Trimix said:
NO, I never use the brake......
But you can't manual?

New Topics