Manuals

• Discuss Manuals in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i have been bikeing for a few weeks now and right now im working on my manuals... when i manual i keep it for about 5 feet before it goes down, or ill... ...
  • Tags bike manual wheelie
Federal_Foundation

Federal_Foundation

Manuals post #1
i have been bikeing for a few weeks now and right now im working on my manuals... when i manual i keep it for about 5 feet before it goes down, or ill go to far back... if anyone has some tips for me id appreciate them :?

T

Trimix

Manuals post #2
And see.....this is where RULE should step in and give this guy a hand....HE COULD.

Practice dude....... with manuals it seems never ending. They take buttloads of it. Try leaning up against a wall, in the manual position, tyring to get a feel for the balance point. The balance point (and pumping with your hips) is the key.

Federal_Foundation

Federal_Foundation

Manuals post #3
it gets very frusturating, everytime i come out of the bowl i try to manual out and get as close as coming back in as i can but i cant make it and it makes me very angry lol, sometimes i can do it if i catwalk but then everyone says thats a pussys way of doing it but meh :p

O

OdysseyRider

Manuals post #4
For manualing, if u keep ur knees straight, ur front end will go up. Keep them bent, ur front end will drop. That is an idea how to keep ur front end up. Also pull ur ass to ur back tire and keep ur arms flexible so u can adjust ur direction.

@

@:::BMXdevil:::@

Manuals post #5
theyre hard i practiced 4 months to do them about 200 meters or more

I

infantry43RIDER

Manuals post #6
practice.
but even with millions of years of practice...because you can never get enough with manuals like trimix said...you will still be frusturated sometimes...manuals are very frusturating...somedays im out there manualing to the moon and then i stop...and an hour later im manualing about 5 feet...pff.

Federal_Foundation

Federal_Foundation

Manuals post #7
that nee thing helps im up to about 20 feet now :) thanx guys 8)

UKoldskool

UKoldskool

Manuals post #8
Sorry to be a complete n00b here, but...

What's the difference between wheelies and manuals? Is there a difference? Are you supposed to have your feet on the pegs or pedals for manuals? Are you supposed to be pedaling or coasting?

Thanks,

Neil

S

stolen_rider

Manuals post #9
manual you get up to speed and then lift the bike up and balance it.
Wheelie you pedal the bike up and balance by pedaling. (not really a BMX trick)

B

bong

Manuals post #10
YO... When you manuel do you pump your legs a little to bring the bike up? or you just pull up directly...? Thanks if you can help

H

hiimmiles100

Manuals post #11
Manualsand wheelies are the same. Pedaling with a manual is a catwalk

I

infantry43RIDER

Manuals post #12
nah.

its bitch cranking.

X Boarder

X Boarder

Manuals post #13
Trimix: "Try leaning up against a wall, in the manual position, tyring to get a feel for the balance point"

What do you mean by leaning up against a wall? IN what way? Maybe it would be a good way to practice

I

infantry43RIDER

Manuals post #14
um...go up against a wall...lift up your front tire and that way you will be leaning up against the wall in the manual form...it is good practice.

UKoldskool said:
Sorry to be a complete n00b here, but...

What's the difference between wheelies and manuals? Is there a difference? Are you supposed to have your feet on the pegs or pedals for manuals? Are you supposed to be pedaling or coasting?

Thanks,

Neil
yea...a manual is just lifting up your front tire...finding a balance point (which could take a very long time to do) and just pumping your legs and manualing i guess...
while a wheelie...is just lifting and pedalling your ass of...easier to do...WAY easier to do.

bong said:
YO... When you manuel do you pump your legs a little to bring the bike up? or you just pull up directly...? Thanks if you can help
i just bring the whole front end up right away...then yea i pump my legs to keep it balanced....i really don't know anybody that would pump to get the front end up...

T

Trimix

Manuals post #15
Yea, that.

Put your right (or left) shoulder against a wall, stand up on your pedals, pull the nose up, and use that shoulder to steady yourself against the wall......trying to keep the front wheel in one place. You are stationary, but learning balance this way. Do this a few times....then try again....then do it a few more times....then try again....then do it 3783469 times and you will have it.

Manuals are progressive and take BUTT loads of practice. You are not going to do it in one week.

X Boarder

X Boarder

Manuals post #16
Thanks dude, im gonna try that. do you keep the brakes on when you lift the front wheel? or no

T

Trimix

Manuals post #17
Sure you can....to stabilize, but I try not to use my brakes.

T

tuff_runt

Manuals post #18
i recently just heard the tip of bending knees to drop front end, straightening to lift, and it works a treat. i still onyl get them maybe 12 foot, and that's very inconsistently, but I just need to practice more.

New Topics