Manual problem!!!!

S

SM00THCR1M1NAL

Manual problem!!!! post #1
I cant do a manual. I cant pull the bike up high enough. It seems like when i pull the bars up wards, the pressure of my legs on the pedals always forces the bike back down. I can do a wheelie on the back pegs cuz theres no pressure on the frame. Ur just standin to the center of the back wheels. I can only pull it up like 1.5 ft when on the pedals. Are u supposed to jump up or something? Or is my bike too long for me. I ride a pro sized bike and im 5ft somethin. I noe this has probably been asked before so i'm tryin to be more specific.

H

Highbinder

Manual problem!!!! post #2
Hmm, by all means I'm no expert but maybe I could help. First of all, how are you doing it? I was told (by a mate whos also learning, he can do about 10m max) that you have to lean all the way back (as far back as possible) and straighten your legs and pull back on the handle bars at the same time.

Hope that helped (even a little ;))

S

SM00THCR1M1NAL

Manual problem!!!! post #3
yea, i heard other ppl tellin me to straiten my arms and legs out but it still feels like im muscleing it out. Are u supposed to be able to just lean back into a manual or do u really have to give it a strong pull. It feels to me like im pulling against my own weight still. But it is helping a bit.

T

T34418L3_1

Manual problem!!!! post #4
I see too many people trying manuals just pulling up but not leaning back. This might be your problem. i think you might be doing to much pulling and not enough leaning back. To find the "balance point" in manuals, you must lean back way over the seat. You dont really want to straight arm or straight leg it but for some people that works better. Remember to feather your brakes. This means if u start to fall back on a manual just tap your brakes to keep you in the balance.

M

meistersix

Manual problem!!!! post #5
ok ok ok...

Right lean back over your back wheel and pull your bars up, when you feel yourself going down tap the brake and pull up again also extend your legs on the pedals whilst pulling up.

hope it works

T

troymcoy

Manual problem!!!! post #6
-

Don't forget to pump those legs to sustain the manual.

A

Anonymous

Manual problem!!!! post #7
if you think about it, it makes sence what you need to do. you can't just pull up and expect the front to stay up, as you were saying SMOOTH, you're just pulling against your own weight. what you need to do is get the real wheel under your body and balance. you can do this straight armed, legged, or what have you. everyone manauls a little different, you just need to get your weight above your rear tire. in the beginning when you're falling forward, give the cranks a tap, falling backwards, give your brakes a tap. eventually you'll just be able to balance that way without that. just realize that your weight needs to be evenly distributed over the fulcrum point, which is the back wheel. if you're having trouble getting back that far, try cranking into a wheely and then rolling. that's all i got for ya.

S

smiley1fun

Manual problem!!!! post #8
for me i lift alittle then slowly start tilting back, i mean i dont get very far but with a couple tries i can get it pretty long!

H

Haggared_Bmxer

Manual problem!!!! post #9
OK First all you have to do is just yank and put ur butt on ur back tire u should almost like launch urslef back... then u must learn to bail like when u go to far back jump off and land on ur feet.. after u master u shouldnt be scared of going back to far. THen just urs ur break to balance urslef simps

A

Anonymous

Manual problem!!!! post #10
OK THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS TO DO, I DONT KNOW IF I CAN EXPLAIN IT VERY WELL BUT I CAN MANUAL ANYTHING. FIRST OFF MY BEST ADVICE IS LEARN IT YOURSELF!!!! THATS HOW I DID IT I GOT NO ADVICE I JUST DID IT OVER AND OVER AND OVER IT TAKES A WHILE TO GET BUT IT IS REALLY WORTH THE WORK. I WOULD AGREE WITH WHAT DIABLO SAID. I MANUAL WITHOUT BRAKES BECAUSE AT THE TIME I WAS LEARNING THEM MY BRAKES JUST SUCKED SO I WOULD HAVE TO SAY THAT THE PUMPING PART IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART I KIND OF PUMP TO GET IT UP TOO. BUT ONCE YOU GET IT DOWN YOU CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF THEM, AND YOU TRY TO MANUAL EVERYTHING THAT YOU SEE LIKE RAILS AND TABLES CURBS AND SHIT, SO I WOULD JUST SAY LEARN IT YOURSELF HAVE A POINT YOU START AT AND JUST KEEP TRYING TO BEAT YOUR BEST. YOU WILL EVOLVE YOUR OWN STYLE AND YOUR GOAL OF BEATING THAT LAST MARK WILL MAKE YOUR BODY MOVE IN DIFFERENT WAYS THAT WILL HELP YOU STAY UP. I PERSONALLY DONT LIKE MANUALS WITH OUT BRAKES UNLESS YOU ARE TRYING TO MANUAL THE DECK OF A HALFPIPE OR SOMETHING. IT SLOWS YOU DOWN SOME. MY FRIENDS WERE ALL RIDIN THE RAMPS AS I WAS WORKING ON MANUALS AND NOW I CAN MANUAL RAILS AND PRETTY MUCH ANYTHING ELSE. I COULD GO ON ALL DAY BUT I AM GOING TO STOP SO YOU DONT HAVE TO READ ALL DAY.

GOOD LUCK

G

Manual problem!!!! post #11
/\
does anyone else hate people like that?

E

evanc

Manual problem!!!! post #12
^ Does anyone else hate people like that?

X

XIII

Manual problem!!!! post #13
lean back over your wheel and pull up...if it feels like your going to fall back, then just stand up and lean foward.

A

anti-flag

Manual problem!!!! post #14
when u r trying to maula u have to pull up really hard. probaly harder then u think u should. u also have to drop your ass down so its close to your wheel. then learn to pump your legs to keep up. its easyer said then done but i hope that helps some

E

evanc

Manual problem!!!! post #15
Has anyone thought that maybe he's just a suck-ass pussy and he should die?

C

croz

Manual problem!!!! post #16
not really but whatever make u feel hard evanc !

:arrow:

S

sr71racer

Manual problem!!!! post #17
1st, hes just learning how to manual, and there was a time when none of us could manual either. also ur bike COULD BE too long, if your 5 ft something, it depends, if youre 5'1, then a pro would be a little long, but if youre 5'11, then a pro would be too short, 5' something is a pretty broad range.

E

evanc

Manual problem!!!! post #18
what are you talking about? Pro sizing? What is this, the ABA?

A

anti-flag

Manual problem!!!! post #19
seems like that time of the month 4 evanc

D

distorted

Manual problem!!!! post #20
Yeah i agree, i think you may just have to lean back harder usee the weight of you body to help you, and then all you can rearly do is practise (LEARNING MANUALS MYSELF) youll get used to the weight of you bike eventually and begin to impove on what you alredy have, Kirk

New Topics