Manual Manuvers??

D

Disturbed1

Manual Manuvers?? post #1
Can someone explain this one to me... Ive just resently been tryin to do manuals (seems like something fun to do and everyone does em) but when i pull back a get the balance i either pull to hard and flip it :evil: or not hard enough and i dont even get it off the ground. So... what tips can i have to do this better and to have a longer manual??

I

infantry43RIDER

Manual Manuvers?? post #2
practice.
finding the balance point is not something i can tell you how to do.

W

wally

Manual Manuvers?? post #3
its tru manuels arent somthin someone can teach u it takes trial and error

G

Manual Manuvers?? post #4
of course you can teach manuals. its the easiest thing ever. to amnual for a REALLY long time, just step on the frame with your front foot and put your back foot right over the back tyre. this makes it really easy to balance and its also the best looking trick in BMX :wink:

V

Vic_Vega

Manual Manuvers?? post #5
^^I hope you're kidding :)

Manuals CAN be taught, it just requires a little more hands-on approach than you're gonna get at this forum. Go get a friend who does them well to show you, or you could always pay an exhorbitant amount of money and go to Woodward and have K-Rob teach you. Maybe you'll even learn to pull a backflip on the resi while you're there. :wink:

I

infantry43RIDER

Manual Manuvers?? post #6
you can't teach someone any trick by just typing it...of course it has to be hands on.

S

sentaafEQpovar

Manual Manuvers?? post #7
one thing i see every noob at manueling doing is they dont stick thier butt out, thats a must when learning manuels, and it takes a very very very long time to learn to do them, and u can forget to do them really easily, like if u stop riding for like more then 2 weeks, u have to start from scratch again, god i hate manuels

u know what pisses me off, when ur in school library/complab, and some kid next to u is constantly thumping the god damn mouse and pounding the desk and kicking the bottom of the desk hella loud, and its like stfu, but then he starts doing it again like 2 min later

V

Vic_Vega

Manual Manuvers?? post #8
Punch him in the face....

G

Manual Manuvers?? post #9
another awesome trick is manualling while sitting on the cross-bar of your handlebars. its such a pretty trick. i wonder why they dont do them in the macneil video?

S

sentaafEQpovar

Manual Manuvers?? post #10
i remember i used to do 1 handed manuels and no handed manuels, those were awsome, although i stoped abotu time i was doing no handed manuels, and i never got very far, althugh i was able to pump it like about 3 times bfore front tire came back down

D

Disturbed1

Manual Manuvers?? post #11
see im a dirt rider, but lately i have been interested in some flatland and well i wont to manual because im gettin into some park too... i love the look of a good manual and a modifies manual like no handed and one handed manuals and since ive seen these tips ive tried all of them... ass almost in tire... arms and legs locked... leaned back... everything and well everyone does have there own style and trust me that follows into dirt too... any other tips???

S

sentaafEQpovar

Manual Manuvers?? post #12
learn to manuel over rollers for dirt?

G

Manual Manuvers?? post #13
aaaahhhh but did you try my methods?

T

Todd

Manual Manuvers?? post #14
Does anybody do dork wheelies? Me and my friend do them all the time just because their stupid but fun. (Where you stand with one foot on a back peg and do a one footed manual that way)

E

EasternBMX

Manual Manuvers?? post #15
i thought they were called one foot rocket manuals they are pimp

ashubeast

ashubeast

Manual Manuvers?? post #16
whats with this word "noob" is it some new american word or your version of knob :? will someone enlighten me?

G

Manual Manuvers?? post #17
noob = noobie = someone new = not knowing

G

Manual Manuvers?? post #18
ok this is how i do manuals.... go go fast as i can, pull back, keep your ass far back, then if your front end starts to sink down, then lean back even more.... and if youre back and is going to go back then stop leaning back so much and try to pump it.... using these strats im able to manual pretty far

D

Disturbed1

Manual Manuvers?? post #19
well ever since ive read this tips ive proceded in many different ways... and well i have found that for me... its not necassarily the form or even the tech. its the balance... im now seeking the perfect form of balance... and i havnt found enough... this is why i cant do much flatland tricks because i have no balance...(this is also why i find my self on the floor mornings after a long party) so can someone now help me on the balance portion of the whole thing....

F

FOL

Manual Manuvers?? post #20
Disturbed1 said:
so can someone now help me on the balance portion of the whole thing....
no certainly not, even though I neither got that point yet, it is just practise!

New Topics