Mallet/hammer

• Discuss Mallet/hammer in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; If you use a hammer or mallet to put cups in your frame..you are retarded. Yes retarded. I bet I could go to the hardware store, buy all the shit to... ...
  • Tags bike
L

LuMpY

Mallet/hammer post #1
If you use a hammer or mallet to put cups in your frame..you are retarded. Yes retarded. I bet I could go to the hardware store, buy all the shit to make a cup press, come home, and put them in all before you get yours in. Damn, haven't you kids heard of TOOLS? They do make a tool to do that. If you're a cheap ass, go to the hardware store and make your own at a fraction of the cost. I got a good laugh the first time some jackass on here said to use a mallet. Now it keeps happening and it just makes me wonder.

I

infantry43RIDER

Mallet/hammer post #2
uh thanks for sharing that.
i used a hammer and my bike is fine dude...ever notice how a hammer is a tool?
oh cause i did...

if nothing good comes of this im going to lock it.

D

Devourment 138

Mallet/hammer post #3
I bought a big ass bolt and nut, and washers.......headset, AND crank bearing press :D

L

LuMpY

Mallet/hammer post #4
Mebbe your frame was loose. Mebbe you're he-man. A cup press is the SMART way to do it. Why the hell would you want to hit your shit with a hammer anyway? Yea, it is a tool(and so are you). BUT NOT THE RIGHT ONE! Some mod you are. Threatening to close this when I'm tryin' to help kids not trash their frames.

At least Dev knows what's up. Close it if your power trip tells you to.

E

EPMD

Mallet/hammer post #5
infantry43RIDER said:
uh thanks for sharing that.
i used a hammer and my bike is fine dude...ever notice how a hammer is a tool?
oh cause i did...

if nothing good comes of this im going to lock it.
haha that was funny :lol:

I

infantry43RIDER

Mallet/hammer post #6
LuMpY said:
Mebbe your frame was loose. Mebbe you're he-man. A cup press is the SMART way to do it. Why the hell would you want to hit your shit with a hammer anyway? Yea, it is a tool(and so are you). BUT NOT THE RIGHT ONE! Some mod you are. Threatening to close this when I'm tryin' to help kids not trash their frames.

At least Dev knows what's up. Close it if your power trip tells you to.
you are not really helping the kids by telling them there is only one way to do a certain thing.
dude...maybe you haven't read any of my posts but i have said many times that i have used a rubber mallet to get my cups in...that doesn't trash the frame...as long as you are not a retard about it and smash the shit out of it...we are not talking about john henry smashes her...just lightly hit the cups with a mallet all around and they will go in there quite smoothly.

and THEN on the other hand...you can use a cup press as well...

F

federal_rider12

Mallet/hammer post #7
yes i heard of tools but my tool is a rubber mallet doesnt damage nethin and goes in smooth without alot of strength it works fine and i dont damage nethin but im thinkin of buildin a cup press from stuff at a hardware store when i get some money

F

federal_rider12

Mallet/hammer post #8
oh yeah im not retarded ive been workin on bikes for 4 years,mine and my friends and the ocassional neighbor asks me to fix their bike-get paid for that, and if i can get the money ill buy a full professional tool kit--ive even laced and trued a wheel without a truin stand and is perfectly straight

B

bruisedbob

Mallet/hammer post #9
Cup press? Mallet? I use an old aluminum bat and a tent spike.

I

infantry43RIDER

Mallet/hammer post #10
ghaha.

F

FT rider

Mallet/hammer post #11
rubber mallets rool but i only use it to put sealed bearing cups in for my headset i use an old axle from a wheel cant be bothered to write out how to do it but if you want then look inb a back issue of ride uk anyway using a RUBBER mallet wont harm your bike, sure if something is moving dont hit it more coz something is wrong but my primo cups went in with 3 hits and they run perfect and using a cup press is a waste of time when you can use even more basic tools and if your that worried about screwing stuff up then put a piece of wood over wotever your hammering and then hammer, as advised by my local bmx shop.

E

EPMD

Mallet/hammer post #12
Its our bike we can fix it anyway we want as long as it works for us. :roll:

I

infantry43RIDER

Mallet/hammer post #13
thank you.

F

federal_rider12

Mallet/hammer post #14
EPMD said:
Its our bike we can fix it anyway we want as long as it works for us. :roll:
YES!

S

sentaafEQpovar

Mallet/hammer post #15
so tell us how u make your own cup press

L

LuMpY

Mallet/hammer post #16
Now if I did that would that be double posting(infantry)? :roll:
:arrow: Do a search. I know it's on here.

I

infantry43RIDER

Mallet/hammer post #17
what the hell are you talking about man?

look at you...keeping shit going...just quit it dude.

F

federal_rider12

Mallet/hammer post #18
sentaafEQpovar said:
so tell us how u make your own cup press
u get an axel that will be long enuff for the headtube and bttom bracket and then get some thick washer that will either fit into the cup or cover the entire cup and bearing(sealed versions only) then get 2 nuts or get 2 nuts and lock washer and put on 1 end and get a big, i dunno if they r actually called this, wingnut u know with the handles u can get ur own ideas of how to make one if u look at the tool

New Topics