making my bike lighter

• Discuss making my bike lighter in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; hi ive got a hoffman d130 pro and it weighs a ton and this bothers me y i am riding it hav u guys got any ideas for me the bike is 6 month old but... ...
  • Tags bike parts
T

townie

making my bike lighter post #1
hi

ive got a hoffman d130 pro and it weighs a ton and this bothers me y i am riding it hav u guys got any ideas for me the bike is 6 month old but is the 2001 model

C

Chuzzlewit

making my bike lighter post #2
Do weights, really there isnt much you can do to lose weight except for buying lighter parts i suppose, people will tell you to take pegs off, take a brake off, cut your bars, stuff like that but its really doesnt make much difference. get stronger or buy lighter parts, i say.

T

townie

making my bike lighter post #3
kk thanks for the help i've took the breaks off and shortend my seat post and in the process of cutting down the bars and fitting lower gearing!

M

Mr_Shrapnel

making my bike lighter post #4
there are very few things you can really do to a bike to take weight of (significant weight anyway) the major way to take weighof is to buy new parts, but it seems a little silly to buy new parts when you old parts still work, a waste of cash you know?

but what you can do has allready been said really, cut seat post down, drill out seat, take of parts which you may need need eg pegs, gyro, a break (or two if that floats your boat), drill out your stem, cut down you bars (not much weight loss but they feel better being a little shorter) drill out your rims (not too much mind) and thats it really.

E

Erin

making my bike lighter post #5
i'm going on a diet.. that should take some weight off my bike :D

I

infantry43RIDER

making my bike lighter post #6
ha...yes.

start lifting weights and stuff...otherwise go buy lighter parts....

RuLe

RuLe

making my bike lighter post #7
cut handle bars
Cut bottom of seat post if u liek your seat post low
Take off 1 side of the pegs or all if u dont grind
Put a double in the back and a double but lighter in the front.

F

federal_rider12

making my bike lighter post #8
well hoffman parts r heavy especially the forks those things r super heavy so if u want it lighter loose the forks, crank, wheels, and maybe the bars ah hell if u got the money just buy new parts all round

K

konflict

making my bike lighter post #9
All u gotta do, is leave ur bike alone and start lifting weights and go to the gym. My mates standard is like 42Lbs and he still rips, either that or drill holes in ur rims

I

infantry43RIDER

making my bike lighter post #10
no no holes in the rims.

L

leon_luxton

making my bike lighter post #11
i have got the same problem with my bikes weight so this is what i have done or am doing..i have changed metal pedals to plastic pedals,new seat,new front pegs and i will soon get as new BACK wheel,i have also cut down bars..i ride flatland so taking of some pegs wont be good.i also have 2 brakes cos its easyer with 2 8) ...before these changeds 2 my bike was 33lbs so when i have done all that i will weigh it again and see the differnce :wink:

New Topics