magura

• Discuss magura in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; will a hydrolic brake (magura) fit on standard u-brake mounts? i dont know if any of u will know about this, its just that i ride trials too and... ...
  • Tags bike bmx bmx bike bmx frame mountain bike
H

halliday

magura post #1
will a hydrolic brake (magura) fit on standard u-brake mounts? i dont know if any of u will know about this, its just that i ride trials too and thought it may be possible.
cheers anyway.

Z

zedbot

magura post #2
no i dont think so because i think they soposed for use on mountain bikes which has v brake mounts

H

halliday

magura post #3
yeah i no but i think i might try anyway

F

federal_rider12

magura post #4
no it will not b/c im 99.9% sure that it only works on disc brakes and u dont want hydraulic brakes b/c with bmx ull break the lines which dont twist very well at all at the fluid is right infront of ur hand

F

federal_rider12

magura post #5
its not smart to put them on a bmx bike(unless u race which still it probably isnt a good idea to use them) and u need disc brakes and itll cost u over $200 at the cheapest

R

Rubenbmx88

magura post #6
it doesnt work the lugs on a U brake are in the wrong place but you can buy a V plate which goes over the lugs and makes V brake compatible then you cna put Magura's on it because Magura's fit on V brake mounts.

F

federal_rider12

magura post #7
ive never heard of hydraulic brakes workin on v brakes ive only seen and heard of them workin on disc brakes

R

Rubenbmx88

magura post #8
A Magura has a hydralic rim brake where it works on the rim not as a disk but is very powerful with it bein hydraulic my mountain bike friend has them and they fit on the V brake mounts.

L

LuMpY

magura post #9
Yes, they only fit v-brake mounts. A lot of unicyclists use the hydraulic rim brake. I forget which company does it but someone made an adapter to use disc brakes on a bmx frame. I would never do that until the frame makers put dics tabs on the frames.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

magura post #10
no it would not fit, but why would you want ine anyways?

B

BMX-4-Life!

magura post #11
HI my dad is a mountainbiker and he has hydraulic magura brakes so i tried it and it really works!

K

konflict

magura post #12
I ride Bike trials aswell as bmx , and magura do hydrolic rim brakes as well as disk brakes, I have the rim brakes and the brilliant. Yes , u need v-brake mounts and the hoses arnt very flexible as the have oil in them

G

geremy

magura post #13
Much more weight for hydraulics too.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

magura post #14
there really is no point in putting hydraulic or disk brakes on a bmx bike. all you need is a trusty u-brake. i find that people who used to mountain bike or people that still mountainbike as well as bmx allways have some kind of fetish with putting brakes that could stop high speed train, on a bmx, why is that?!

E

EPMD

magura post #15
they wanna be cool 8) it seems.. too many sports and turning into fashion shows

B

bruisedbob

magura post #16
word. Although the nice pastels in the mid 80's x-treme scene were very nice. Jams and Skidz everywhere.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

magura post #17
heheh

LYnCho1

LYnCho1

magura post #19
hs33 hydraulics are 100 POUNDS for front and rear,if you come from USA, it would be about 150 or something

New Topics