Mags

• Discuss Mags in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; thinkin about gettin the skyway 5 spoke white mags. Anyone have any experience with them or got any trash to talk about them? ...
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

unknown

Mags post #1
thinkin about gettin the skyway 5 spoke white mags. Anyone have any experience with them or got any trash to talk about them?

DanielRobinson

DanielRobinson

Mags post #2
no dont...
They look S**T must be soooo weak...
And look like a little kids bike that his parents thought he would love because of the ''cool'' wheels..

U

unknown

Mags post #3
haha for sure, but i dont take anything seriously....i kinda want to get them just cuz theyr ugly as hell

R

ridealot100

Mags post #4
I remember when i was in 5th grade they had mags that you could put in the freezer when you bent them and theyd bend back:lol:

That was also back when the heavier the better.

And standard still had the same frames they have out now. And rick molinterno was tearing apart everyone with his freecoaster skills

DanielRobinson

DanielRobinson

Mags post #5
you want them for uglyness :S:S

^^^^ thats a big freezer to fit a whole wheel into lol....

If you want them ........ you need help.(jk.) your choice at the end of the day

O

OXtrls250

Mags post #6
Do It!!!!
P.s. Dont Forget To Take Pics

S

sandtrap

Mags post #7
My kid broke his set of skyway graphite mags I bought him. How I don't know. I had a set back in the 80's never had a problem, great mags but a bit heavy.

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

Mags post #8
there is a reason why NO ONE uses mags anymore. actually, several reasons:
1. you can't true them when they bend or replace spokes when they break.
2. they are heavy and flex like crazy.
3. in my experience, the "rim" does not hold more than 40 psi and that's waaaaay too low for bmx. i run my tires at 90 psi, many riders run 110.
4. the braking surface sucks, but supposedly works better with proprietary Skyway brake pads.

however, they look cool on a cruiser kind of bike. if you are not going to ride ramps, jump stairs or otherwise stress the wheels buy leaving the ground at all, mags are fine.

KODYO

KODYO

Mags post #9
I saw a bike yesterday that had some cool orange mags on it. Pretty sure the guy was flatland though. Can't imagine riding them street, I true my rims so much.

E

ETERNUS

Mags post #10
I have a pair of XS mags that I may be willing to part with... I love those things but I wouldn't ride them. Could prolly make some cool new flatland combos with them though... Lol! You could keep your bike going by steping on the spokes one at a time or something. Now i've got flatland on my mind! First time since I was learning mini ramp stuff!

R

RideFlyBikes

Mags post #11
Wow guys way to re open a three year old thread... -.-

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

Mags post #12
dammit! neg rep for sandtrap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics