Magic Carpet Grind

T

T34418L3_1

Magic Carpet Grind post #1
I was at my local skatepark one day throwing down what i thought were Magic Carpet Grinds. One of the local bikers told me i was doing them wrong and there should be no front peg contact.

Are Magic Carpet Grinds done with the front peg touching the grinding surface or should just the pedal have contact?

Thanks for your help.

K

kyxpegsco

Magic Carpet Grind post #2
i dont even know what a magic carpet grind is plz tell me?

S

sarcastic sam

Magic Carpet Grind post #3
i think it's just the pedal. i know them as levitator grinds, but that's how i always do them.

A

Anonymous

Magic Carpet Grind post #4
Sam's right.

K

kater

Magic Carpet Grind post #5
I name this trick "rodeo grind". Or isn't it the same? :?:

K

kyxpegsco

Magic Carpet Grind post #6
the rodeo grind is where you sprocket grind at take your left hand and left foot off the bike .. thats rodeo grind

K

kater

Magic Carpet Grind post #7
Ah, thanks fella'!

K

kyxpegsco

Magic Carpet Grind post #8
no problomo just ask dude!

M

mrfitbikeco

Magic Carpet Grind post #9
:roll: magic carpets are double peg position but both the pegs have 2 be above the ledge so technical a pedal double peg. levitators are front peg and pedal back peg above the ledge i can only do levitators .

T

T34418L3_1

Magic Carpet Grind post #10
Go to the fbm website ( www.fbmbmx.com ) and check out butchers video for a magic carpet

A

Anonymous

Magic Carpet Grind post #11
u guys are all wrong except for the first guy that posted this and the guy that said to go to the www.fbmbmx.com site. like in the video on there a magic carpet grind is the pedal and the front peg. if u dont believe me then go check it out for yourself.

A

Anonymous

Magic Carpet Grind post #12
YES IT IS THE FRONT PEG AND THE PEDAL I CHECKED IT OUT.

fbmofo

fbmofo

Magic Carpet Grind post #13
no no no it back pag and pedal i learned them not so long ago

L

Louis K

Magic Carpet Grind post #14
fbmofo said:
no no no it back pag and pedal i learned them not so long ago
thats a luc-e grind and don't bring up old posts.

A

AMJ

Magic Carpet Grind post #15
Louis K said:
don't bring up old posts.
ok let me get this straight....

1) when someone posts a new topic about something thats already there - they get flamed and told to use the search

2) and when someone uses the search instead of posting a new topic - they get flamed aswell.

T

t1_ridder

Magic Carpet Grind post #16
I never really thought of it having a name just thought it was a cool looking grind

L

Louis K

Magic Carpet Grind post #17
AMJ said:
Louis K said:
don't bring up old posts.
ok let me get this straight....

1) when someone posts a new topic about something thats already there - they get flamed and told to use the search

2) and when someone uses the search instead of posting a new topic - they get flamed aswell.
Yeah but when we say use the search button, we don't say bring up 2 year old posts, we mean something like if the topic was brung up like a couple days or weeks ago, not years. (like for example we say it when someone asks how to do a 180 or bunny hop, we get posts like that here everyday and it gets annoying. its not everyday people ask about magic carpet grinds so its good to make new posts like that every now and then) Over years things change so people can get even more confused when they bring a old topic back up. But whatever.

turndown

turndown

Magic Carpet Grind post #18
yea, alot of old posts have been brought up recently.

A

AMJ

Magic Carpet Grind post #19
yeah fair enough!

L2wis

L2wis

Magic Carpet Grind post #20
lol yeh i couldn't work out why not to bring up old topics?! how random cos surely they'd be deleted if not to be used?

New Topics