mag info

• Discuss mag info in the Old School BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; my 2 boys are getting me back into bmx. its been a few years since i have delt with anyof this lol. i still have a couple of my old school bikes from... ...
O

oldschoolmike

mag info post #1
my 2 boys are getting me back into bmx. its been a few years since i have delt with anyof this lol. i still have a couple of my old school bikes from the early 80"s. a redline proline . mongoose and a chrome gt. plus im about 2 restore a gt predator. my question is . how do you clean the white mags up and make them look new again? i have 2 sets of 6 spoke gt wheels and they booth need to be cleaned? the local bike shop i used for years just closed down a couple of months ago. they could help with anything it seemed like. well im glad my boys are into it like i was when i was younger. well if any one has some info on how to clean them rims i would greately appreciate it. i will post some pics of my bikes for yall on here ,soon. thanks mike:clap:

J

jawn

mag info post #2
Damn, that's a good question. Certain things you'd use on a normal rim might eat at the plastic. Sorry I couldn't help.

Minitrix

Minitrix

mag info post #3
I would say try scrubbing them down with water, maybe a little bit of soap.
Hot water works the best.

Justin

Justin

mag info post #4
Try some dish soap and a plastic scrub brush.
There is a cleaner that is made specifically for white wall tires called "Bleach-White" that might work. I assume since it's safe for car tires it would be OK on plastic mags, but I'm not totally sure. Try the dish soap first.

R

Robf781

mag info post #5
Why not try PVCu cleaner for double glazed windows? That's designed to remove dirt and bring the plastic window frames back to white so it would be worth a go.

O

oldschoolmike

mag info post #6
i used water and bleach to get them clean. i soaked em in a old round laundry basket my wife had.lol . thanks for the info and sugestion

Bmx Boy 88

Bmx Boy 88

mag info post #7
Ha soak em in a laundry basket, Hope u didn't get in trouble for it. Did they come clean???? If they did then thats great, but still try and post some pix for us to see. I for one would like to see some clean white mags. I got a pair of black mags, six spoke, And a pair of really old Moto mags. I've had them a while now, but can't ride with em, cuz the front rim got ran over with my dads truck, i kinda left my bike in the driveway. My fault, But i still hang on to them, i might try to get them fixed one day, but got to much else to do with my bikes right now. My black mags work tho. But there not for trix, just for show.

New Topics