lose spokes

• Discuss lose spokes in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; can you fix it yourself or would it be better to take it to a bike shop? pretty much all of mine are lose now, :( ...
ColourOfMoney

ColourOfMoney

lose spokes post #1
can you fix it yourself or would it be better to take it to a bike shop?

pretty much all of mine are lose now, :(

ROB THE ERT

ROB THE ERT

lose spokes post #2
you can tighten them but you might end up with an un-true wheel

ColourOfMoney

ColourOfMoney

lose spokes post #3
ooooh okay thanks mate,

i think i will just go to a bike shop :)

ColourOfMoney

ColourOfMoney

lose spokes post #4
ooooh okay thanks mate,

i think i will just go to a bike shop :)

G

givertits

lose spokes post #5
u can fix it urself but its not always the easiest thing to do but in order to learn and save money u got to try if u are just tightening the wheel as long as its straight right now then just go around the wheel and tighten each spoke a quarter turn at a time and just keep goin around the wheel until they are all tight but make sure u start at the valve stem so that u dont tighten ne spokes moire times then the others

The Lost Otter

The Lost Otter

lose spokes post #6
a spoke wench, and a truer is all that is needed. $150 worth of stuff. but if you go to the shop 5 times your dead even on the price.

T

troy

lose spokes post #7
a spoke wench, and a truer is all that is needed. $150 worth of stuff. but if you go to the shop 5 times your dead even on the price.

DONT waste money on a truing stand. I repeat, DONT waste money on a truing stand.

Dilmah Green Tea

Dilmah Green Tea

lose spokes post #8
DONT waste money on a truing stand. I repeat, DONT waste money on a truing stand.
Just use an old frame and cut the rear chainstays and seatstays off..
Unless they are twisted or something..

The Lost Otter

The Lost Otter

lose spokes post #9
whast the waist? if you feel the rim isnt centered you save your self gas money, and the cost/ trouble of going to the bike shop.

Q

qoqonut

lose spokes post #10
I've never had a problem truing wheels on the bike itself (upside down).

New Topics