Looking for old friends...

• Discuss Looking for old friends... in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Greetings: This past summer, I unearthed a bunch of VHS tapes of my old racing days. I raced from the time I was 9 until I was about 14 (around... ...
  • Tags bike bmx
E

Ego

Looking for old friends... post #1
Greetings:

This past summer, I unearthed a bunch of VHS tapes of my old racing days. I raced from the time I was 9 until I was about 14 (around 1988-1993), and I spent a good 4 hours sitting back watching all the old glory days. Then it hit me: Not EVERYONE who raced back then was a KID! So I'm 25 years old now, and I'm seriously considering getting back into the sport. I will at the very least make some visits to my local two tracks (chicagoland area, we have Elgin and Rockford), and watch a few races and see if it gets my blood boiling more so than it already is. I'm itchin' to get back on a bike, in a serious way.

In any case, I've been looking online for any kind of resource to locate old friends from back then. I've done all the usual crap (looking their names up through google, classmates.com, etc), but to no avail. It almost seems like I'm the only one from my old group of buds that actually uses the internet. So, I'm wondering, are any of you all aware of a kind of 'classmates.com' for BMX riders? I'd love to find some of my old friends, and heck, maybe I can even talk them into getting back on the track too. ;) It'd be neat to get a whole slew of 24-26 year old novices flying around the tracks (granted, I'm hoping what they say about riding a bike is true, and I can step up to the Expert and eventually pros soon enough).

Anyways, any help on finding long-lost BMX buddies would be greatly appreciated! I miss the sport, but man I miss my friends even more. I did try searching the obvious places as well, such as the NBL and ABA homepages, but there's only 1 or 2 guys still racing (at least making the mains) these days that I knew back then..

Thanks!

-Chris Lawrence

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Looking for old friends... post #2
no sorry i have not heard of anything like that, but it does sound like a good plan. i dont know what to suggest really, but why not get back into racing and make some more friends, you never know, you might come across somebody who knows one of your mates or something.

T

Trimix

Looking for old friends... post #3
Dude - I cannot help you find your friends (unless they live in Orlando, which is 68 F right now 8) ) But I was a lot like you, and rode hard from about 11 until I was 16.....and got pretty good. I am now 38 man and just took it back up 7 months ago. I have learned all kinds of stuff, and can at least say I am waaaaay past where I was in 1982.....my god 1982 hahahahahahaha

F all you middle age guys, that swill beer and watch reality shows. I prefer to live......:)

O

oibmxpunx

Looking for old friends... post #4
i use to race but that was befor i started raceing i raced from 1999-2002 in classes but now i just race open every once in a while bout im in MI so u dont think i know any of your friends sorry

I

infantry43RIDER

Looking for old friends... post #5
Trimix said:
Dude - I cannot help you find your friends (unless they live in Orlando, which is 68 F right now 8) ) But I was a lot like you, and rode hard from about 11 until I was 16.....and got pretty good. I am now 38 man and just took it back up 7 months ago. I have learned all kinds of stuff, and can at least say I am waaaaay past where I was in 1982.....my god 1982 hahahahahahaha

F all you middle age guys, that swill beer and watch reality shows. I prefer to live......:)
haha.
always make me laugh dude.
i wasn't even born yet in 1982...but close.

but i can tell you one thing...reality tv sucks. 8)

T

Trimix

Looking for old friends... post #6
Except for one.....the one with Paris Hilton and her whore friend......snicker

F

FOL

Looking for old friends... post #7
I can only download the fake ones....if we are on the same frequency 8) :lol:

T

Trimix

Looking for old friends... post #8
Download? Download what? :wink:

F

FOL

Looking for old friends... post #9
stories, just stories :dance: :D

I

infantry43RIDER

Looking for old friends... post #10
hey...one thing to add about paris hilton...i would have slapped her if she answered her cell phone in the middle of our action...

T

Trimix

Looking for old friends... post #11
yes yes.....slapping her would definitely be fun...er I mean...appropriate.

I was actually talking about her new show where her and her friend have to work in slop kitchens and live in small towns doing average jobs. It's pretty damn funny to watch her make a fool of herself.......and in all reality she is somewhat of an ogre.......her hot little friend is ok though......

Let's get back to bikes before we get hammered by the moderators....lol

I

infantry43RIDER

Looking for old friends... post #12
haha.
trimix...fol and i are moderators.

F

FOL

Looking for old friends... post #13
yeah we should warn ourselves....I warn you infantry, don't go offtopic! :p

and ontopic: Ego I think the most wise thing is to either find the website of the club you rode for or the track or whatever or just go to it and talk to people...I think you can meet up your old buddies via via

I

infantry43RIDER

Looking for old friends... post #14
i warn you too.

FOL said:
and ontopic: Ego I think the most wise thing is to either find the website of the club you rode for or the track or whatever or just go to it and talk to people...I think you can meet up your old buddies via via
theres my on topic... 8)

T

Trimix

Looking for old friends... post #15
Trimix said:
yes yes.....slapping her would definitely be fun...er I mean...appropriate.

I was actually talking about her new show where her and her friend have to work in slop kitchens and live in small towns doing average jobs. It's pretty damn funny to watch her make a fool of herself.......and in all reality she is somewhat of an ogre.......her hot little friend is ok though......

Let's get back to bikes before we get hammered by the moderators....lol
OOPS! I knew FOL was from his post, but Infantry? How in the world did that happen? Just kidding you man........Trimix bows to infantry.....

Shame on you two for lusting after Paris, what an example you set for moderators!!

I

infantry43RIDER

Looking for old friends... post #16
i know i know.

our bad.

New Topics