Looking for new parts, don't hate.

• Discuss Looking for new parts, don't hate. in the Bike Check forum in area BMX Forum Show-Off; [IMG]http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll94/daddono222/IMG_0207.jpg[/IMG]... ...
Tdadd

Tdadd

Looking for new parts, don't hate. post #1

Everything on the bike is stock except for:

-Animal Hamilton pedals
-United stump seat post
-Animal Strip seat
-new chain

Just started taking BMX seriously and I'm looking for a new frame, shorter cranks and possibly a new set of handlebars. I'm trying to keep it as light as I can, it's about 28 lbs with right pegs, 27 without. For the most part I ride park, love the huge flyboxes at 4seasons in milwaukee etc. I'm about 5'2 so I was looking for a frame 20' or shorter, and cranks at around 165mm. My cranks at at the moment are 180mm and it feels like climbing a hill for me. So far I really liked the Luna frame and the Tierra frame from FlyBikes but I'm not sure if they fit my style of riding. Suggestions and explanations would be awesome. I'm also looking for any other suggestions on what I should add/replace to make my bike better. And yes, I know my bike is shit right now, so don't feel like you have to tell me. Thanks, Tom

johnuk

johnuk

Looking for new parts, don't hate. post #2
Your bike reminds me of Spearmint gum - this pleases me

Sorry I couldn't make a more useful comment

Tdadd

Tdadd

Looking for new parts, don't hate. post #3
Your bike reminds me of Spearmint gum - this pleases me

Sorry I couldn't make a more useful comment
Haha, If I'm getting a new frame I'm either going white bars/fork with orange frame, royal blue bars/fork with white frame, or keeping my same colors. Love green on white.

The green is actually this color, just hard to tell because the pics were from my phone

R

rattybmx

Looking for new parts, don't hate. post #5
actually your bike isnt shit just because it has stock parts i just say you leave it as it is right and change parts when they break looks like a pretty nice complete to me

Tdadd

Tdadd

Looking for new parts, don't hate. post #6
actually your bike isnt shit just because it has stock parts i just say you leave it as it is right and change parts when they break looks like a pretty nice complete to me
Thanks for the confidence booster, appreciate it.

I

iGamble

Looking for new parts, don't hate. post #7
Don't sweat it man you'll get your bike built up the way you want it.

Tdadd

Tdadd

Looking for new parts, don't hate. post #8
I

iGamble

Looking for new parts, don't hate. post #9
It takes a long time man. Just stay postitve keep riding and progressing yourself. You can do just about anything as long as you have a working bike. The bike don't make the rider. The rider makes the bike.

DANCLOSH

DANCLOSH

Looking for new parts, don't hate. post #10
Nice! Love the colours, and the parts are fine.

Oh and keep the gyro, but get some better cables when they break (Y)

Tdadd

Tdadd

Looking for new parts, don't hate. post #11
Nice! Love the colours, and the parts are fine.

Oh and keep the gyro, but get some better cables when they break (Y)
Will do, thanks

TheAzMyster

TheAzMyster

Looking for new parts, don't hate. post #12
its all good man im the same i have a changed only a few parts but you know
my bike rides well except the cranks theyre f***ed atm so im getting new ones

by the sounds of things the only thing you need to change would be your cranks if they feel to big
go for like 170mm-175mm youll thank yourself in the long run i always go half a size bigger for everything
frame, shoes, clothes etc.

but keep your cranks now you might suddenly grow a shitload and want to put them back on

if you want my bike check is in my sig :D

Tdadd

Tdadd

Looking for new parts, don't hate. post #13
its all good man im the same i have a changed only a few parts but you know
my bike rides well except the cranks theyre f***ed atm so im getting new ones

by the sounds of things the only thing you need to change would be your cranks if they feel to big
go for like 170mm-175mm youll thank yourself in the long run i always go half a size bigger for everything
frame, shoes, clothes etc.

but keep your cranks now you might suddenly grow a shitload and want to put them back on

if you want my bike check is in my sig :D
That's probably what I'll do for now, really need new cranks. Are you sure I should go 170 instead of 165 being 5'1-5'2? I guess it'll still be a drastic change from 180 but I don't want to spend like 130 bucks on some wombats and not have them feel small enough.

TheAzMyster

TheAzMyster

Looking for new parts, don't hate. post #14
175 im guessing is about average i'm 5'10" and i ride them and will continue to ride them i think you would be better with 170 cuz you will most likely grow out of the 165mm cranks if you cant find any 170mm cranks just stick to 175

all the best man

Tdadd

Tdadd

Looking for new parts, don't hate. post #15
175 im guessing is about average i'm 5'10" and i ride them and will continue to ride them i think you would be better with 170 cuz you will most likely grow out of the 165mm cranks if you cant find any 170mm cranks just stick to 175

all the best man
Alright, thanks

Nightshift187

Nightshift187

Looking for new parts, don't hate. post #16
Dude you have a Haro X2 2008, thats a really damn good bike! Don't let anyone tell you different, I'd keep it and slowly fix it up. Heck i'd ride it all day just how it is... seriously!

New Topics