looking for a bike for a big persion

• Discuss looking for a bike for a big persion in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i need a bike that is good for some one that is kinda of tall and heavy ...
killswitch37

killswitch37

looking for a bike for a big persion post #1
i need a bike that is good for some one that is kinda of tall and heavy

S

SeattleBMX

looking for a bike for a big persion post #2
how big are we talkin here? in general get something with a 21" or longer TT and stick with the stronger parts out there, a good set of triple wall rims will go a long ways.

just to give you an idea, the eastern jane has a 21" TT

Carsten Bonde

Carsten Bonde

looking for a bike for a big persion post #3
Some frames can be realy big.. some even make 22 top tupe i think.

Busades

Busades

looking for a bike for a big persion post #4
two words...... duce duce!

killswitch37

killswitch37

looking for a bike for a big persion post #5
i'm about 6'3 230 do u know any bikes that would be good for me

911freeagentbmx911

911freeagentbmx911

looking for a bike for a big persion post #6
depends on how much u got to spend personally i wouldnt suggest getting an aftermarket frame unless u have to which u dont if u can afford 400 get the hoffmann rythem il or if your looking for a tough bike most diamondbacks are tanks(idk if you can get a cheap 21" tho)

if you have money to throw definatly the eastern AOS or Jane

if you wanted tho you could buy a bike and get a frame and replace the stock frame to suit you but it kinda defeats the purpose because most bikes that run long are in the high 200's and then to buy even a cheap bike its 200 so u might as well just get a complete

dustinEwing

dustinEwing

looking for a bike for a big persion post #8
I'm 6'3" and 250lbs so I know where you're comin from. I'm actually riding a 20.5 I'm pretty sure, the guy was being really vague at the shop about the length of the top tube. All in all I think it comes down to personal preference, ive been on small bikes all my life so I'm just a bit more comfortable on a smaller bike. I used to have a bigger mongoose that I never rode after my Specialized got stolen, it felt way too big and was very uncomfortable to ride.

Just go try some different sized bikes out

superman92

superman92

looking for a bike for a big persion post #9
get the element

vinniesac

vinniesac

looking for a bike for a big persion post #10
I am 6 foot 190 And ride a 19.5 but just bought a we the people 21 inch frame top tube and a 14 inch chain stay. I had to go bigger becase i have size 11 shoes and thye hot the pegs and reaaly annoyed me. Try the duece duece from Mcneil its 22 top frame and 14.75 chainstay should keep your feet from hitting pegs if you want them later check this web page also a 21 inch would prob work too there are also sizeing charts for every part on this site look around it will help you alot I would go with a midd bb since you are big and they are strong thats why i went with We The People frame

http://www.danscomp.com/211339.php?cat=FRAMESFSD

vinniesac

vinniesac

looking for a bike for a big persion post #11
O yea buying a Mt bike is like given up on life so dont do it wow my spelling sucks today i messed up a crap load on the above post becase = because, thye hot = they hit, reaaly = really

guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie

looking for a bike for a big persion post #12
I'm 6' 3 and ride a dk six pack, sure i look like i've just stolen it off a 5 year old but it gets the job done ;)

killswitch37

killswitch37

looking for a bike for a big persion post #13
lol thats how i feel when i ride my friends bike

New Topics