LONG CABLE BRAKE PROBLEM!

• Discuss LONG CABLE BRAKE PROBLEM! in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I've just put a long oddesy cable on my bike replacing a 'SH*T' gyro but when i barspin the brake comes on is their anyway of avoiding this, thanx. ...
  • Tags barspin bike bike brakes
C

Caris

LONG CABLE BRAKE PROBLEM! post #1
I've just put a long oddesy cable on my bike replacing a 'SH*T' gyro but when i barspin the brake comes on is their anyway of avoiding this, thanx.

S

sandmriderbmx

LONG CABLE BRAKE PROBLEM! post #2
yes, a gyro, lol, if u plan on doin barspins u shouldnt have removed the gyro, or u shoiuld replaced it wth a better one

RuLe

RuLe

LONG CABLE BRAKE PROBLEM! post #3
you saw how long my cable was righT? Well im only able to throw 1 barspin and the brakes start rubbing my rim and they dont slow me down but if i busted 2 my bike brakes would lock. if u do barspins keep your gyro

C

Caris

LONG CABLE BRAKE PROBLEM! post #4
Thanks.

I rarely do barspins, i was just wondering, p.s love your bike RuLe.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

LONG CABLE BRAKE PROBLEM! post #5
there are 4 ways around your problem,

1 get a gyro
2 take your brakes off
3 adjust your brakes so the pads are not quite as close as they are now (probably the best solution, i guess)
4 or get a linear cable like a odyssey linear (have you got that already?)

S

sandmriderbmx

LONG CABLE BRAKE PROBLEM! post #6
Mr_Shrapnel said:
there are 4 ways around your problem,

1 get a gyro
2 take your brakes off
3 adjust your brakes so the pads are not quite as close as they are now (probably the best solution, i guess)
4 or get a linear cable like a odyssey linear (have you got that already?)
i suggest #2 brakeless 4 life

S

sentaafEQpovar

LONG CABLE BRAKE PROBLEM! post #7
support your reasoning for going brakeless?cuase its cool?

S

sandmriderbmx

LONG CABLE BRAKE PROBLEM! post #8
saves wieght+money
and it makes u feel more free!
and it makes yur bike look better because you dont have ugly cables hanging off yur frame

ak_freebird

ak_freebird

LONG CABLE BRAKE PROBLEM! post #9
sandmriderbmx said:
saves wieght+money
and it makes u feel more free!
and it makes yur bike look better because you dont have ugly cables hanging off yur frame
AGREED. I like being brakeless better. Don't have to worry about catching it on anything, don't have to worry about having to dial your brakes all the time, just stuff like that. I used to ride with brakes then I switched it up. I like it a lot better without em.

S

sandmriderbmx

LONG CABLE BRAKE PROBLEM! post #10
i used to ride with brakes but it was a pain in the ass tightening them all the time and so one day i got pissed off and ripped them off, never rode with em since

M

Mr_Shrapnel

LONG CABLE BRAKE PROBLEM! post #11
i guess its ok if you live in a town which is flat, but where i live, there are hills everywhere, i HAVE to have brake just to get to a spot alive, never mind actually doing tricks there.

S

sandmriderbmx

LONG CABLE BRAKE PROBLEM! post #12
theres ton of hillls around here, i just ride with my foot on thw tire so i dont go to fast

T

Trimix

LONG CABLE BRAKE PROBLEM! post #13
Caris said:
I've just put a long oddesy cable on my bike replacing a 'SH*T' gyro but when i barspin the brake comes on is their anyway of avoiding this, thanx.
I saw (and used) one of those cables that don't tangle the other day. I am not sure if this is the "linear" you are talking about or not, but you could spin the bars three times, and the brake never locked. I bet you have just a straight standard cable. Look into those cables that detangle (not gyro)

Brakes - I just use a back one, and I know some like to ride brakeless, but there ARE TRICKS you will never do without a front brake. Brakes on both wheels (although ugly, heavy, etc) do give the bike more lattitude, or broadens the horizon of it's possibilities.

S

sandmriderbmx

LONG CABLE BRAKE PROBLEM! post #14
thts true but i dont really like any of those tricks, i cant do them but there not desirable to me

T

Trimix

LONG CABLE BRAKE PROBLEM! post #15
Oh no...I agree everyone finds their own style and what they like, all I am saying is that WITHOUT front and back brakes not everything is possible. Put 4 pegs, and front and back brakes on a bike and the possibilities are endless.....that's just my take.

C

Caris

LONG CABLE BRAKE PROBLEM! post #16
I agree Trimix

T

Trimix

LONG CABLE BRAKE PROBLEM! post #17
Caris said:
I agree Trimix
I kind of look at BMX and learning tricks as an endless quest. Even if you reach a point that you can master everything, you could add a brake, remove a brake, remove all brakes, add two more pegs, remove all pegs and use your pedals....and on and on and on....

It seems endless to me, and I love it!

S

stuart

LONG CABLE BRAKE PROBLEM! post #18
You don't need to spend the 8 or 9 bucks for an odyssey linear cable, just use your regular internal cable and buy a shimano sis housing for like 2 bucks, it is the same thing as the ody cable but cheaper, that's what I run and it works beautifully.

I

infantry43RIDER

LONG CABLE BRAKE PROBLEM! post #19
Trimix said:
Caris said:
I agree Trimix
I kind of look at BMX and learning tricks as an endless quest. Even if you reach a point that you can master everything, you could add a brake, remove a brake, remove all brakes, add two more pegs, remove all pegs and use your pedals....and on and on and on....

It seems endless to me, and I love it!
super true...and very nicely put man.
like yea sometimes i think...dude i should just throw a front brake only setup on...just to see what develops...its amazing.

F

federal_rider12

LONG CABLE BRAKE PROBLEM! post #20
your brake comes on when you barspin? well then you dont have enough slack in it so the cable gets to tight and pulls the brake, meaning the cable isnt long enough. thats the only thing i can think of that would do that

New Topics