Little BMXer

• Discuss Little BMXer in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hi all! I'm a newbie, so I don't know much abt. BMX. I have a 5 year old son who's been riding since he was 2. He's outgrown his 12". So, we're looking... ...
  • Tags bike bmx parts
R

redcrow

Little BMXer post #1
Hi all! I'm a newbie, so I don't know much abt. BMX. I have a 5 year old son who's been riding since he was 2. He's outgrown his 12". So, we're looking for a good dirt/street bike! I've done a little online research & narrowed it down to

Hoffman Condor
Hoffman Rhythm
Red Line X series

Hes 43" tall, 19" inseam, 18"reach
Just wondering what you'd recomend!
I'm wanting to keep the price under $300
Also need info on what size...I think 16" is a little small...18" sounds right to me, as I'm worried a 20" will be too long a wheel base for him??

S

skullcrusher

Little BMXer post #2
My son is 6 and rides a Redline Mini. It is a 20" as required at all of our local tracks. He uses 135mm crankarms and I replaed the mini handlebars with Redline Jr bars because the mini's just didn't have enough rise. I also cut the bars down 3/4" on each side. One five year old at our track rides Redline Micro-Mini with custom made 125mm crankarms. Hes a tiny guy but he beats 7 and 8 year olds.

C

cav89

Little BMXer post #3
Umm, #300 american?

A condor and a rythym mite be little bit tto much for a five year old, id go with either a redline grom-x or a single-x, they are good bikes, the grom-x is 16' and the single-x is 20', cutting the handle bars down would help for younger people, and possibly some shorter cranks???

The 2004 redline X-series have really good parts on them, but if your son is into jumping, ie, gaps, tables, bunnyhoping, at his age, you may want to purchase more light-weight parts.

thats my 2 cents anyway.....good luck

cav

New Topics