light street bikes vrs heavy street bikes

S

sentaafEQpovar

light street bikes vrs heavy street bikes post #1
what does wiehgt matter with, only thing i can think of it helping with is your bunnyhop, inform me plz

J

JonF

light street bikes vrs heavy street bikes post #2
as far as i know..it seperate the real men from the sissies.

G

light street bikes vrs heavy street bikes post #3
/sarcasm on
if you ride a heavy bike you can be like dave mirras
/off

I

infantry43RIDER

light street bikes vrs heavy street bikes post #4
his bike is light as shit...fool.
HARO ARE NOT HEAVY ANYMORE.
damn.

anyways...lightness...helps with control..spinning...hopping...shit like that.

S

sentaafEQpovar

light street bikes vrs heavy street bikes post #5
it seems like when u ride dirt wiht a light bike u get less control, but riding street with light bike, i feel like i got more control

and the spining u speak of, is there any difference or exceptions for different kinds of spins like a 180 on a q-pipe or like a 360 on a dirt jump, or 360 on flat ground

F

federal_rider12

light street bikes vrs heavy street bikes post #6
weight dont matter cept for the fact of spins(unless ur the hulk) but i started with a heavy bike(b/c i dont like goin to the gym to work out) so i could gain strength and then went lighter down to bout 32lbs. also a heavy bike gets u more air and speed, thats y vert riders tend to have a heavier bike look at robinson's bike and hoffman's bike(round 40lbs) mirra's is right up there to. but dont be worried bout weight just buy the parts u want and then ride!!!!!!

H

Hackbard Celine

light street bikes vrs heavy street bikes post #7
It is easier to spin with a light bike...had you ever tryed to do tailwhips with a heavy bike? :x Not so easy i think...but you can save some weight if you:
-ride a small sprocket(with guard) and a kmc cool chain
-use only 36 spokes in front wheel
-use titan pegs or some lightweigt pegs
-make your seatpost a little bit shorter
-cut your bar(alittle bit...)
:doh:

S

sentaafEQpovar

light street bikes vrs heavy street bikes post #8
im gonna take my gt mach one to the skate park and own the shit out of everything

L

Launchpad

light street bikes vrs heavy street bikes post #9
"It is easier to spin with a light bike...had you ever tryed to do tailwhips with a heavy bike? :x Not so easy i think...but you can save some weight if you:
-ride a small sprocket(with guard) and a kmc cool chain
-use only 36 spokes in front wheel
-use titan pegs or some lightweigt pegs
-make your seatpost a little bit shorter
-cut your bar(alittle bit...)"

obviously you havent seen roadfools 8 or turbulance.. at least i think it was turbulance.. dave osato bunnyhop whip.. manual to whip.. superwide bars, 45t sprocket im sure those werent 4 ti pegs he was running. and im sure his bike was about 40lbs.. if you cant ride your bike cuz its heavy then do a few pushups everyday. im not saying were all dave osato. but yo dont need seom stupid featehrweight bike with carbon fiber spacers to do a bunnyhop 360.. if yuo want it bad enough you'll pull it.

F

federal_rider12

light street bikes vrs heavy street bikes post #10
exactly doesnt matter if its heavy or light but for me im not as strong as like dave osato so i decided to drop the weight of my bike so id have more control but still it aint one of those featherweights. and i only get my exercise from my bike but most of my parts i like r light so just buy the stuff u want and dont look at the weight of them

S

sentaafEQpovar

light street bikes vrs heavy street bikes post #11
Launchpad said:
"obviously you havent seen roadfools 8 or turbulance.. at least i think it was turbulance.. dave osato bunnyhop whip.. manual to whip.. superwide bars, 45t sprocket im sure those werent 4 ti pegs he was running. and im sure his bike was about 40lbs.. if you cant ride your bike cuz its heavy then do a few pushups everyday. im not saying were all dave osato. but yo dont need seom stupid featehrweight bike with carbon fiber spacers to do a bunnyhop 360.. if yuo want it bad enough you'll pull it.
YAY. i love horrible logic, ever think tha, i bet u was thinking"oh, they must be saying that if u have a heavy bike, u cant tailwhip, and u need a light bike to tailwhip, so ill prove them wrong" hey , ever think that maybe a light bike makes it easier, and with a heavy bike, its possible, yet it still is harder?

L

Launchpad

light street bikes vrs heavy street bikes post #12
actually no. i do agree with you on the fact that having a lighter bike does make things somewhat easier. and yeah it is possible to pull a whip on a heavy bike, unles im reading that last line wrong. im just trying to say you dont have to go overboard with a 5.2lb frame 30 ounce fork and all that other bullshit. i dont belive a light bike can be strong. and f you wanna say just buy al the light stuff that is strong.. i dont think youd have about 14-1500 to spend ona superlight super strong bike..

S

SR

light street bikes vrs heavy street bikes post #13
I've never even weighed my bike.

S

sentaafEQpovar

light street bikes vrs heavy street bikes post #14
usually u just estimite, theres usually a few ppl who wieght thier bieks, so ur like, amnn, ur bikes heaveier than mine,.... oh, your bike weighs 38lbs? and then to another person ur like, aman, ur bike is lighter than mine, how much u say it weighs? 32lbs?

O

oibmxpunx

light street bikes vrs heavy street bikes post #15
ok i ride street and dirt on a 28lbs i think you have more/better control with a light bike i find it easier to do stuff like turn downs and tabel tops stuff like that i dont know about the spining thing tho i leaned 3s on the bike i have now i hate spining and going upside down flips are easier with a hevyer bike cuz light bikes like to get away from you thats the only plus to a hevy bike to me i guess

C

casperh

light street bikes vrs heavy street bikes post #16
sentaafEQpovar said:
im gonna take my gt mach one to the skate park and own the shit out of everything
gt..machone...wow.. me have the same bike.. interesting

S

sentaafEQpovar

light street bikes vrs heavy street bikes post #17
go to any 28 year old guys house, and he'll have one laying on the side of his garage all covered in rust with mags and flat tires

I

infantry43RIDER

light street bikes vrs heavy street bikes post #18
my dad doesn't.
he is older than 28 but i broke that theory.

D

Deliciouspeed

light street bikes vrs heavy street bikes post #19
I do remember back in the day many fools had those. And dayam Dyno bikes. Still being made to which amazes the hell out of me. I never owned one of those things-I guess it's because they were so common.

E

EPMD

light street bikes vrs heavy street bikes post #20
casperh said:
sentaafEQpovar said:
gt..machone...wow.. me have the same bike.. interesting
learned to spell dumb bitch... and learn some good grammar pothead

New Topics