left footed riders

• Discuss left footed riders in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; ok, im not sure if this is because im left footed or not but when i try turndowns i ride left foot forward, whip to the left and turn bars to the... ...
bmxburt

bmxburt

left footed riders post #1
ok, im not sure if this is because im left footed or not but when i try turndowns i ride left foot forward, whip to the left and turn bars to the left?:eek: i was watching some vids of how to do turndowns and its saying i should be whipping and turning bars to the right if i have my left foot forward. anyone else have this problem?? also if i wanna do tables i would bring the bike up on my left hand side. is my only option to change riding style?

Elliott

Elliott

left footed riders post #2
im left foot forward i whip my bike to the right and turn bars right try that

bmxburt

bmxburt

left footed riders post #3
are u left footed to?? havent had a chance to try whipping to the right yet but should be going dirt jumping saturday so i'll give them a go.

A

Angry Dave

left footed riders post #4
i have a similar problem. i normally(when moto whipping)turn my frame to the left when i should be turning to the right.i turn my bars to the right though as im supposed to.
but for you,you could either learn the right way as i plan to do soon,or you can do like my friend logan does and do opposite turndowns

wethepeople1

wethepeople1

left footed riders post #5
im left footed and when i table i bring up to my left and when i do turndowns i go to the left i feel comfortable like that

bmxburt

bmxburt

left footed riders post #6
hmm, it feels more natural for me to do everything on the left side, like turndowns and tables (even though i suck at them) but im left foot forward and if i was to do a 360 over a double id spin to the right. im just gonna have to mess around on saturday and try and learn turndowns whipping out to the right, gonna feel so alien though

A

Angry Dave

left footed riders post #7
well,tables youre supposed to do to the left.turndowns you should work on

M

Marcus Poopy

left footed riders post #8
if your are left foot forward then usually it works like this:

you throw barspins with left hand
table to the left
turndown to the right
spin to the right
tailwhip to the left

if not, then you are goofy.
but dont worry, i have the worst turndowns in the history of the universe.

H

Hermes

left footed riders post #9
dude... there is nothing wrong with the style/ way that you ride..... as long as you can do that stuff.....

Valvecap

Valvecap

left footed riders post #10
If you're left foot forward, you need to kick your frame to the right(so your headtube goes left) and you turn your handlebars to the right

New Topics