learnin

• Discuss learnin in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; w3rd i just learn 180 bars and 180s kickflips like a week ago and i was doing them up a curb today pretty siked about that :lol: ...
  • Tags 180 barspin flatland
S

Stupid

learnin post #1
w3rd i just learn 180 bars and 180s kickflips like a week ago and i was doing them up a curb today pretty siked about that :lol:

C

cpb rider

learnin post #2
good for you...

RuLe

RuLe

learnin post #3
flatland?

ak_freebird

ak_freebird

learnin post #4
Sweet bro. I want to try 180 kickflips(crankflips) and hopefully learn some barspins too.

F

FOL

learnin post #5
RuLe said:
flatland?
I have no clue what he is talking about, dunno the tricks...180 bar could be a 180 barspin...but kickflip?? A kickflip out of a hitchhiker or so?

B

bob fat bob

learnin post #6
I never heard of a kickflip or crank spin into this forum i seen them but never knew what they where called or if the rider screwed up or something iam going to try it.

el nombre

el nombre

learnin post #7
Crank flips really hurt my shins. I can't spin them enough and half the time end up slamming my leg on the pedal...shin pads for me! :D

B

bob fat bob

learnin post #8
My shins are so scared up its not even funny i need a new pair of shin guards broke my last pair. Hmm maybe ill make some

S

Stupid

learnin post #9
kickflips = crankflips

F

federal_rider12

learnin post #10
cramkflips bite my leg a bunch, and just slipping off the pedal need shin guards badly i cut grooves in my shin! it aint cool

R

rocket

learnin post #11
FOL said:
I have no clue what he is talking about, dunno the tricks...180 bar could be a 180 barspin...but kickflip?? A kickflip out of a hitchhiker or so?
the word kickflip has been around for a really long time. (MOD's should know this :wink: ) when i first read about how pros and general riders were calling crankflips "kickflips" i couldnt believe riders would actually steal that word from skaters when the name "crankflips" already fits the trick perfect.
i dont feel like finding it right now but im sure someone can dig it up and hopefully post the link....(its worth reading if you never have)...a few months ago 'Thrasher' had a huge article about bmx riders destorying "their skateparks." it went on to say nothing but crap about bike riders which was nothing but a bunch of bull shit, but one thing they really made fun of bike riders about, was the word "kickflip". i had to force myself to agree with them even though the story they told pissed me off. "kickflip" is and has been a skate trick for over 15 years....then sometime around 2001 bmx riders started calling crankflips "kickflips" and im still trying to figure out why. anyone that continues that name for a bmx trick should stop riding and start skating. since that Thrasher article, Ride BMX had a story of there own defending what Thrasher had to say about bmx riders and since then, ive noticed the word kickflip has been used a whole lot less in the bmx world. please lets keep it that way.

F

FOL

learnin post #12
icerocket said:
the word kickflip has been around for a really long time. (MOD's should know this :wink: ) [/b].
my knowledge ends at flatland ;)

B

bob fat bob

learnin post #13
I agree with icerocket on this one well said well said :respekt:

R

rocket

learnin post #14
FOL said:
my knowledge ends at flatland ;)
wow, i didnt know you were a flatland rider, thats cool. i wish i had the patience to ride flat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bob fat bob said:
I agree with icerocket on this one well said well said

FOL and Everyone that hasnt read the Thrasher article "bmx jihad" here it is...ill warn you ahead of time, it may piss you off. http://www.sfbmx.com/sfbmx/features/news/jihad/bmxjihad.htm

i also just found this... here is a bmx rider that wrote a letter to Thrasher magazine letting them know what he thought. its a good letter.
http://www.thrashermagazine.com/index.php?SCREEN=mail2003-06-04

B

bob fat bob

learnin post #15
wdf was up with that i understand now why you where so pissed so iam i. Iam glad that guy told him off. jesus there really are some dumb people out there eh. :bmx_rulez: :stinkefinger:

I

infantry43RIDER

learnin post #16
yea...
so how about them kickflips...i was doing them down stairsets the other day.

good job on the 180 kicks...

who gives a **** what name people use for a trick haha...thats the funniest and stupidest thing in the world...shit can i call stairsets stairsets or do you guys think that should stay with the skaters too? just a question...

oh no...what about a 180 or a 360? hmm...skaters use those terms too...oh no's...

R

rocket

learnin post #17
infantry43RIDER said:
yea...
so how about them kickflips...i was doing them down stairsets the other day.

good job on the 180 kicks...

who gives a f*ck what name people use for a trick haha...thats the funniest and stupidest thing in the world...shit can i call stairsets stairsets or do you guys think that should stay with the skaters too? just a question...

oh no...what about a 180 or a 360? hmm...skaters use those terms too...oh no's...
you know sometimes i wonder about you infanty....you just completely miss the whole point. were talking about one word here and obviously you care less what Thrasher said and what Ride bmx said. theres many riders that care about stealing one of the oldest trick names from skating. why in the hell do you think its not used like it use to be??? so if you wanna be the jackass then you just keep doing your "kickflips" and the rest of us will crankflip.

stairsets dont even come close to comparing. you could be running and say i did a stairset.

same thing for 180's and 360's.. every damn sport there is uses those terms.

kickflip on the other hand hardly even makes sense. you know who started saying it? little kids.

F

federal_rider12

learnin post #18
thats stupid. i have no problems with skaters, skaters have no problems with me we get along fine. i think they are just trying to make it seem like we belong in dirt they belong in parks so they are trying to get more skaters into hating bmxers. but everywhere ive been i talk to skaters and i mean if you respect the rule of letting everyone have a turn and dont get in someones way its all cool. there should not be hatred between either we can all ride where we want when we want

F

FOL

learnin post #19
I actually agree with infantry on this one. It is about the trick itself, not a frikking label which people put on :)

S

sentaafEQpovar

learnin post #20
its a pride thing i believe

New Topics