late curb hop = messed up hub?

• Discuss late curb hop = messed up hub? in the Street Riding forum in area BMX-Forum Community; my friend was riding my bike and did a late bunnyhop onto the curb and hit the front tire as he was going up. A while later i noticed that my hubs... ...
B

b3nsonx

late curb hop = messed up hub? post #1
my friend was riding my bike and did a late bunnyhop onto the curb and hit the front tire as he was going up. A while later i noticed that my hubs were kinda loose, like they were out of adjustment or something.
Could this be the result of my cheap hubs? (ebay wheels) or could this happen to any hub?

trashbag

trashbag

late curb hop = messed up hub? post #2
Re: late curb hob = messed up hub?

yes very cheap hubs

B

b3nsonx

late curb hop = messed up hub? post #3

so all i need is some adjustment, right?

I

I B Crashh

late curb hop = messed up hub? post #4

nahhh you probably should get new hubs because even if you adjust them they will keep breaking later

B

b3nsonx

late curb hop = messed up hub? post #5

what would happen if i continue riding on this hub?

bike ryder

bike ryder

late curb hop = messed up hub? post #6

maybe your spokes are loose. get your wheel trued. then in the future when this hub is broken.. then buy a new hub

BMXDAN

BMXDAN

late curb hop = messed up hub? post #7

they could break eventually, but if you keep riding them for now i doubt they will break really soon.. so just tighten them up and make sure they are greased and you should be fine

Jake Eats Cake

Jake Eats Cake

late curb hop = messed up hub? post #8

take it up your LBS

B

b3nsonx

late curb hop = messed up hub? post #9

they could break eventually, but if you keep riding them for now i doubt they will break really soon.. so just tighten them up and make sure they are greased and you should be fine
yea, i was thinking about trying to tighten it up. i just read on parktool's website and learned how.

90psi

90psi

late curb hop = messed up hub? post #10

just tighten up the cone nuts and grease it up if anything else is bad take it to lbs

BMXDAN

BMXDAN

late curb hop = messed up hub? post #11

if your gonna tighten the cone nuts make sure you only tighten them hand tight.. anymore than that will blow your bearings quickly.

B

b3nsonx

late curb hop = messed up hub? post #12

alright, thanks

C

coldn00b

late curb hop = messed up hub? post #13

what would happen if i continue riding on this hub?
ull prolly die

X

XboxKid

late curb hop = messed up hub? post #14

take it to LBS stick to what you know, thats my motto anyway.

A

AlexB

late curb hop = messed up hub? post #15

Don't get cheap wheels.

B

b3nsonx

late curb hop = messed up hub? post #16

lol guys, i was about to take off the wheels to check the hubs. But i found out that the axle nut was just loose. I guess everything's all good for now.
But i was wondering, do i need a cone wrench to adjust hubs? or can i use something else instead?

rebman

rebman

late curb hop = messed up hub? post #17

If a regular wrench fits use that... but they should only be like finger tight, not much more or it will shred bearings.

L

lucasbmxer

late curb hop = messed up hub? post #18

dumb question

first off, u should have enough perssure in the front tire wear hitting small animals dose nothing.
second off, if it comes loose, take it off and tighten well snug it down. when lose, tighten.
third off, id get new wheels in the long run its better
forth off, u sure it was not u that nose cased over a curb, or up it or somthing.

long story short, a simple turn of a wrinch and ten minnites of common sense should get u some place in life

hope it works out, peace

L

Lay

late curb hop = messed up hub? post #19

dumb question

first off, u should have enough perssure in the front tire wear hitting small animals dose nothing.
second off, if it comes loose, take it off and tighten well snug it down. when lose, tighten.
third off, id get new wheels in the long run its better
forth off, u sure it was not u that nose cased over a curb, or up it or somthing.

long story short, a simple turn of a wrinch and ten minnites of common sense should get u some place in life

hope it works out, peace
Not really, it was just a question. I'd recommend you taking Engrish (lol) classes because you really can't type and you have severe grammar problems.

rebman

rebman

late curb hop = messed up hub? post #20

Not really, it was just a question. I'd recommend you taking Engrish (lol) classes because you really can't type and you have severe grammar problems.
Well if you keep being an asshole to people that are trying to help your noob ass out, next time they won't say anything. By the way, there are a few grammatical errors in your post as well.

Now go ahead and correct my errors like it's going to prove anything, jackass.

New Topics