knee pads: Federal vs Protec DD's

• Discuss knee pads: Federal vs Protec DD's in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i am going to buy some new knee pads soon. Federal ACL Knee Gaskets have been around for a while, but i think they have been discontinued... ...
mack_turtle

mack_turtle

knee pads: Federal vs Protec DD's post #1
i am going to buy some new knee pads soon. Federal ACL Knee Gaskets have been around for a while, but i think they have been discontinued.

Protec makes some decent-looking pads called the Double Down pads. (knees on the left, the right ones are the elbow pads.)

i can get either pretty cheap. since the DD's are pretty new and so few readers wear pads these days, i am having a hard time finding any info on them.

which should i get?

edit- i went ahead and bought the Protec pads for about $25 last night. thanks.

Last edited:
At1x

At1x

knee pads: Federal vs Protec DD's post #2
I think Protec just because they've been doing it for longer and they know what they're doing, not like Federal.

D

D.Mills

knee pads: Federal vs Protec DD's post #3
I dont normally run pads like that as such, i used a tubular bandage a piece of tyre wrapped in na bandage and thats it. But by the looks of things, the federals look like it would be more comfortable, but the y both look fine

Arch Enemy

Arch Enemy

knee pads: Federal vs Protec DD's post #4
i'd go with Protec as they've been making protective gear for quite some time and it looks to be really comfy and does its job

Dilmah Green Tea

Dilmah Green Tea

knee pads: Federal vs Protec DD's post #5
The federals do look a lil slimmer. But ya protec has been round for longer in that area, and double D's are always a bonus.

takeivy21

takeivy21

knee pads: Federal vs Protec DD's post #6
I have the Federal and they are perfect, Ive fall on them a couple and no problems and I like the slimness of them. Also you cant beat the price. Only recommendation on them if you get the Federals is get a size bigger than you think you need

New Topics