kink whip

• Discuss kink whip in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i was wondering how good the kink whip is for dirt riding. and if i should pay the extra and get a transition. ...
N

natidrt

kink whip post #1
i was wondering how good the kink whip is for dirt riding. and if i should pay the extra and get a transition.

At1x

At1x

kink whip post #2
No you shouldn't

C

cam rides a bike

kink whip post #3
ya u should

At1x

At1x

kink whip post #4
Transition :

Full chromoly frame, 100% chromoly fork, alloy frontload stem, Kink integrated sealed headset, Kink High chromoly bars, Kink grips, Tektro brake and lever, 3-pc tubular chromoly cranks with sealed Mid BB, Kink 25T chainwheel, 36H sealed front hub with 3/8" axle, 36H rear cassette with 14mm axle and 9T driver, Alienation Black Sheep rims, Kenda tires, Kink Pivotal seat and post, Wellgo platform pedals and 2 steel pegs. 20.5" Toptube. (27.7 lbs)

Whip :

Full chromoly main frame, 100% chromoly fork, Kink sealed integrated headset, alloy frontload stem, chromoly Kink High bars, Kink grips, 3-pc tubular chromoly cranks, sealed Mid BB, 25T Kink chainwheel, 36H front hub with 3/8" axle, sealed 36H rear cassette with 14mm axle and 9T driver, Alienation PBR front rim, Alienation Black Sheep rear rim, Kenda tires, Kink Pivotal seat and post, Tektro U-brake and 2 steel pegs. 20.75" Toptube. (28 lbs)

No, you shouldn't.

Possibly only important difference is that Transition has full chromoly frame and whip doesn't but I wouldn't pay extra $100 for that.

Jak94

Jak94

kink whip post #5
Transition :

Full chromoly frame, 100% chromoly fork, alloy frontload stem, Kink integrated sealed headset, Kink High chromoly bars, Kink grips, Tektro brake and lever, 3-pc tubular chromoly cranks with sealed Mid BB, Kink 25T chainwheel, 36H sealed front hub with 3/8" axle, 36H rear cassette with 14mm axle and 9T driver, Alienation Black Sheep rims, Kenda tires, Kink Pivotal seat and post, Wellgo platform pedals and 2 steel pegs. 20.5" Toptube. (27.7 lbs)

Whip :

Full chromoly main frame, 100% chromoly fork, Kink sealed integrated headset, alloy frontload stem, chromoly Kink High bars, Kink grips, 3-pc tubular chromoly cranks, sealed Mid BB, 25T Kink chainwheel, 36H front hub with 3/8" axle, sealed 36H rear cassette with 14mm axle and 9T driver, Alienation PBR front rim, Alienation Black Sheep rear rim, Kenda tires, Kink Pivotal seat and post, Tektro U-brake and 2 steel pegs. 20.75" Toptube. (28 lbs)

No, you shouldn't.

Possibly only important difference is that Transition has full chromoly frame and whip doesn't but I wouldn't pay extra $100 for that.
i wouldnt to

S

sackley85

kink whip post #7
Only differences that matter are the full chromoly and both rims being double walled on the transition; and I don't think dirt riding would require that... Go with the whip unless the 1/4" shorter TT matters to you...

N

natidrt

kink whip post #8
ok what parts should i replace if i get it that would be good for dirt riding.

N

natidrt

kink whip post #9
anyone?

Ecko

Ecko

kink whip post #10
A

abdrider

kink whip post #11
and maybe the whip doesn't have chro-mo bars?
i think thats why it just says kink high bars

N

natidrt

kink whip post #12
ok i need more help

Ecko

Ecko

kink whip post #13
N

natidrt

kink whip post #14
so is it worth getting for trails riding?

Red Horn

Red Horn

kink whip post #15
if i should pay the extra and get a transition.
Yes.
only important difference is that Transition has full chromoly frame and whip doesn't but I wouldn't pay extra $100 for that.
Because the frame is the heart of the whole equation and the most important part. Non full CroMo frames are more prone to breakage, especially where the strong steel (CroMo) meets the weak (Hi-Ten).
what parts should i replace if i get it that would be good for dirt riding.
None. Replace them when/if they fail. IMHO a non CroMo bike is not worthy of tossing $ into upgrades.
Get a nice bike like a Transition "off the bat". You will not regret it.

N

natidrt

kink whip post #16
i probably wont have enough $ for a transition though.

Red Horn

Red Horn

kink whip post #17
Last edited:
N

natidrt

kink whip post #18
i think i will stick with the whip and add dirt tyres

JMcdonell

JMcdonell

kink whip post #19
Get the bike!