Killorado Twitchiness

• Discuss Killorado Twitchiness in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I am considering getting a blackeye killorado frame but have read that it feels twitchy. Is this because of the short chainstays and would it really... ...
DayZ

DayZ

Killorado Twitchiness post #1
I am considering getting a blackeye killorado frame but have read that it feels twitchy.
Is this because of the short chainstays and would it really make that much of a difference?
The killorado has 13.5" CS and the frame i have now has 14.25"

Dont turn this into a tierra vs killorado thread

Lemontime

Lemontime

Killorado Twitchiness post #2
It's not really to do with the chain stays so much as the HT angle, which is 75. Mind telling us what you're riding at the moment?

13.5" CS will feel very short, and you'll most likely find that the bike is easier to lift up after riding 14.25" CS.

J

jawn

Killorado Twitchiness post #3
^ Wheelbase makes a difference too.

andhey

andhey

Killorado Twitchiness post #4
a shorter chainstay makes manuals twitchier i think? correct me if im wrong, im about to go from 14.25 to 13.5 myself very soon

Last edited:
B

barspindave

Killorado Twitchiness post #5
those frames dnt look kosher.

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

Killorado Twitchiness post #6
think of your rear end as a baisc lever, like a see-saw. a shorter lever will be easer to lift up, but easier to flip over as well. if you have a super-tech style, this would be a good thing. if you want to ride ramps or dirt and blast high, this could make things very difficult. it will be easier to pop up and spin, but also easier to loop out.

Pickles

Pickles

Killorado Twitchiness post #7
first manual you do,be ready on the brakes,because youll pull up way too hard ready for your 14.25 and loop out instantly. happened to me.

I have to be honest,I know you said dont do Killorado vs. Teirra,and I know how everyone here likes the tierra,I dont. I just,dont. But,Black Eye has never been a highly respected company,and judging by the frame,they still wont be. I dont trust it,it looks way too low...well,it is way too low.

look into the bama,hoffmans respected! XD

PY

PY

Killorado Twitchiness post #8
I ride 14.25, it's awesome for dirt but i'd prefer something a bit shorter for street and park.

I'd say go for it, it'll feel weird but you'll get used to it.

2WheelPride

2WheelPride

Killorado Twitchiness post #9
I went from 14.5 to 13.5 and I'll never go back ever it really didn't take long for me to adjust my new frame is sex on wheels for me. But check the HB Rhythm out better frame IMO cheaper too.

DayZ

DayZ

Killorado Twitchiness post #10
My frame now has a HD angle of 74.5 and i run 2 exact same tires and will be sticking with those, should i get a certain type of fork to leave the steering unchanged?

Edit: I've done up to 9-stair drops on my current frame, a Haro Forum Pro Lite, same as the convert frame on Dans, so i dont think i'll need worry about this breaking on me.

Last edited:
J

johnny homeless

Killorado Twitchiness post #12
first manual you do,be ready on the brakes,because youll pull up way too hard ready for your 14.25 and loop out instantly. happened to me.
as if he'll have brakes on it, he wants a killorado! :wink:

Pickles

Pickles

Killorado Twitchiness post #13
as if he'll have brakes on it, he wants a killorado! :wink:
true true,nice catch...

although you can set up brakes....its just,its sad when 33/12 might not clear seat stay brakes on a bike. and its not flatland.

when you first manual,be ready to bail out,so dont do a hubba manual or anything,just try flat to get used to it

DayZ

DayZ

Killorado Twitchiness post #14
Yeh I ride brakeless so it doesnt worry me

Any ideas for forks so the front end doesnt feel twitchy though?
My current HT is 74.5 and the killorado's is 75

Pickles

Pickles

Killorado Twitchiness post #15
shadow makes forks that have 2 sweep angles. Check in to those

I think creeper 26 and 35 or something? theyre good forks, just not the top of the list.

DayZ

DayZ

Killorado Twitchiness post #16
Had a look at the shadows, the 26 makes it more twitchy and the 35 is traditional, so it would still be twitchy with this frame.
Are there any forks with an offset of more than 35mm?

New Topics