Just Have Fun

T

Trimix

Just Have Fun post #1
I know that subject line sounds so ***....but I have to say that the key to enjoying the bike is not just how far you can progress, and how quickly (that comes from hours on the bike trying new things) but remembering that you love to ride it. A "for instance": I come home today, and the neighbor has a trailer parked in front of his house, that carries a backhoe, or something like that. If you all are a lot like I have become......I look around and see ALL KINDS of things to ride. I immediatley start thinking....bunnyhop the back, do a 180 and drop back off......OR....hop up on it, ride it off the front. Isn't that insane thought?? Now the back of the 20 foot long trailer is about 18" off the ground, the front about 2 feet. There are two "rails" or ramps on the back that allow the tractor to come and go, and THEY are in the upright position. (keep those elbows in)......I am not being weird (ok call me weird), but you have to look at it like that. RIGHT? Your suppose to enjoy it......and I did, for an hour. I was doing 180 drops off the front, by the end. Just thinking out loud. Go ahead slap me......-James

E

evanc

Just Have Fun post #2
*slap*

S

Sorage

Just Have Fun post #3
dude you just need a real friend 8O

I

infantry43RIDER

Just Have Fun post #4
i actually agree with him...most of my friends say there is nothing to ride around here which is true..but you just have to look deeper and i find all sorts of stuff to ride...just 180 or 360 ing curbs i find enjoyment in...i agree with him....you just have to have an imagination when riding with nothing "real" around.

G

Just Have Fun post #5
People like you are the ones who come up with insane lines and shit at parks, like Ruben. When theres nothing to ride, you make it... Keep riding.

I

infantry43RIDER

Just Have Fun post #6
exactly..imagination.

L

likeachamp

Just Have Fun post #7
dude rock on man, thats preachin right there, ido thatshit all the time like a couple days agomy friend chris had this table, like a coffe table, sittin on his carport i was like dude, and you laugh at the dumb shit we did with it but like you said not bein *** but just have fun with it, and imnot tryin to sound like a poser but really when your on your bike, well atleast when im on mine, ya feel free to a certain point and you just dont care, you can always go to your bike for helptoo, like say your pissed go ride you'll feel better, or when your feelin like not so happy go ride, or you hear bout somethin trajic go ride, im really not tryin to sound like a poser but dude thats life right there, like heres a true dream, bein a bum and rideing your bike all over the U.S. any ways, its morning now, i got riding to do later

T

Trimix

Just Have Fun post #8
Just have fun...

I just logged back on after a couple of weeks, and I see that there have been several posts. All I was saying at the time, is if you really like to ride.....then you will 'see' stuff all around you. Likeachamp....your coffee table story had me in stitches. I agree with you about riding to throw off crap too. Like when I am restless....I go ride....when I feel depressed I go ride.....when I feel mad...I go ride. I also just figured out what a "poser" is.....a fake. Hey I am a beginner, but F U N....should be the basis of anything you are good at. :wink:

A

aussyj

Just Have Fun post #9
Yesterday was junk day and me and my non riding friends found all kinds of shit to do stuff on. One of my friends does inline, and we found this rail attacked to thsi wooden box thing. We set up the rail off teh curb and he was doing long fronttsides on em. We also nailed old peices of wood together and made like a 1 foot kicker, but it soon broke.

I

infantry43RIDER

Just Have Fun post #10
see i bet your crap day gave you a little smile after all.

E

evanc

Just Have Fun post #11
I'm adding you to my "people who needs broken noses before I die" list

H

hit_da_ramps

Just Have Fun post #12
I'm adding you to my "people who needs broken noses before I die" list
LOL !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

why douse he need a broken nose though ?

I

infantry43RIDER

Just Have Fun post #13
i guess cause im an idiot...

my nose is broken already though.

E

evanc

Just Have Fun post #14
not you, infantry.

Hit_da_ramps - congrats! You just made my list as well.

I

infantry43RIDER

Just Have Fun post #15
my bad.

E

Element Biker Dude

Just Have Fun post #16
i have trouble trying new things and trying to go realy hard in jumping my dirt jumps and i dont no wots holding me back, i think its coz im new at this and i just go ezy, but i wont to learn fast and get good and yes i am haveing fun , but i think i can have more fun if i try hard and get better so when i do get better i can have more fun, u no???? so should i go hard and try learn as fast as i can or go esy and at my own r8?

T

Trimix

Just Have Fun post #17
Hell -- I rode short brick walls and sidewallk imperfections today. :lol: Even learning to manual and then hopping up on a ledge or curb, THAT'S fun too. I think so many people think they have to get somewhere in their riding career at some certain time, where in reality you just have to have fun. Fun makes the learning come easier. Being TOO stressed and TOO focused F's you up sometimes. Just find stuff to "chuck yourself off of" (I love that) and yank the bars around for christ sake!!!!

I

infantry43RIDER

Just Have Fun post #18
word.

element...if you think you are having fun doing what you are doing now then fine...but i think that if you really did try new things and such your fun level might increase...just don't think about it when you want to try something..just go and do it and have fun.

New Topics