Just began today...

• Discuss Just began today... in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hi, I'm Christine.. I'm 16 years old and live in Florida.. So, after a shit load of fights with my parents I finally convince them to let me do BMX... ...
  • Tags bike bmx dirt flatland vert
N

nirvanafon

Just began today... post #1
Hi, I'm Christine.. I'm 16 years old and live in Florida.. So, after a shit load of fights with my parents I finally convince them to let me do BMX.. So now I need some help.. I need to know where I should begin.. What type of bike I should get, where I should start etc.. If you guys could help me out it'd kick so much ass..

Oh and if anyone here lives in Satellite or Melbourne beach and would be willing to teach me stunts and help me out let me know.. and I would be paying you.. thanks guys..

G

gt_thumps

Just began today... post #2
first decide what type of riding you want to do then figure out how much you want to spend on your bike. go to your local bike store for starters and ask some questions they will help you.good luck and i hope you have fun. :D

L

leon_luxton

Just began today... post #3
welcome 2 bmx.

S

Super S***

Just began today... post #4
cool a chick rider.well first of all how much money do you have to spend?wot type of riding would you be most likely to ride? answer these and we will give you and idea of what bikes to get. :lol:

Poseidon

Poseidon

Just began today... post #5
Well

If you're pretty, i'll move to melbourne beach.

1.) Listen to GT Thumps
2.) Use the search when you get your bike, instead of asking repetitive questions
3.) How far are you from Miami?

N

nirvanafon

Just began today... post #6
I have about $700 in savings that I've been saving up for when my parents finally gave in and would let me ride.. I'll probably be doing more flatlanding then vert although I'd like to do both. Um I'm about 5 hours (i think) from Miami... I do have a pic so you can judge if I'm "pretty" hha.. and I think that's it...

Someone should come entertain me cause I'm really bored... Waiting for the Vert finals to come on... Oh and I'd just like to say guys who bmx are much hotter than guys who skateboard...that's all.

B

Bailer

Just began today... post #7
what about people who do both (a bit more bmx, because thats what i do) . If you are going to be doing flatland, a freestyle bike would be better, although they tend to be a bit heavier, so you might want to just get get a street bike or dirt bike. Haro give some good starting bike, the x series are the dirt ones pretty light and strong x1 is £150, x2 £200 and x3 £230, but you wuld need to find an american dealer I live in the uk. It would also be advised not to spend anymore than $300 (if even) because its your first bike, i spent £200($300 odd) on my first, but i have to make do with it for a while. Also, yo can buy trick tip vids, and if you look aroud there are loads of trick tip sites

E

evanc

Just began today... post #8
Yeah, I'd school you if you were hot. I demand a picture.

E

evanc

Just began today... post #11
neither. Get a Fit complete or a Volume.

I might be messaging you later, so if you get one from addictedbmxer, don't freak.

N

nirvanafon

Just began today... post #12
Ok, that's cool.. thanks for warning me.. hah

Poseidon

Poseidon

Just began today... post #14

Yes she is, I'm just guessing, but I doubt you'd have to pay guys to help you out.

B

Bailer

Just began today... post #15
the links dont work nemore

M

mik

Just began today... post #16
heya there no way that you live near israel ?na
hi im miki i have 2 things to say
you cannt do flatland on the gt that u posted
and 2
whats :wink: with icq?dont got one?

S

Super S***

Just began today... post #17
your msn doesnt work for some reason.can you send a pic that does work then i will decide wether you are hot :D or not :( by the way half of what evac says will be total s*hite and i know evac will get p*ssed off now so i will shut up.dont get the haro cuz they are to heavy...get a fly bike if you are doing some flatland and other stuff

N

nirvanafon

Just began today... post #18
Um.. I don't have ICQ or Msn.... I think evanc gives good advice and knows what he's talking about...

E

evanc

Just began today... post #19
Super S*** said:
your msn doesnt work for some reason.can you send a pic that does work then i will decide wether you are hot :D or not :( by the way half of what evac says will be total s*hite and i know evac will get p*ssed off now so i will shut up.dont get the haro cuz they are to heavy...get a fly bike if you are doing some flatland and other stuff
Alright, this rubs me the wrong way. I'm assuming you're talking about me, but am not totally sure due to your horrendous typing skills. What's three thigns I've been wrong about since I've joined the board? When have I given bad advice (except when it was obvious to anyone over an IQ of 17 that I was joking)? The only reason I get pissed is when people don't even know the basic facts and still try and argue. I'm done.

G

gt_thumps

Just began today... post #20
ahahaha. hes talking about bad typing skills and he cant type.

but am not totally sure due to your horrendous typing skills. What's three thigns

New Topics