Just a little help please.

• Discuss Just a little help please. in the Cars/Trucks and Motorsports forum in area BMX-Forum Community - more stuff; Ok, i'm 17 now and i'm saving for a car. No more than £750 to pay for a car. Has to be 1.0-1.1-1.2 litre. Preferably black/blue/green, possibly... ...
SnK

SnK

Just a little help please. post #1
Ok, i'm 17 now and i'm saving for a car. No more than £750 to pay for a car. Has to be 1.0-1.1-1.2 litre. Preferably black/blue/green, possibly white/grey/red.
So far i've been looking at corsas/puntos/fiestas/106/nova

I've found a few nice corsas and puntos. Currently watching a nice 5 door punto immaculate condition on ebay at just less than £600 she wants for it buy it now, so i'll probs be able to get for around £500.. It's got full service history and M.O.T till september 09, sadly no tax as it hasn't been used for well over a year. Clean nice car like i said immaculate condition.

what do ya think for a first car?

J

JustinE

Just a little help please. post #2
E500 is like $1200 American isn't it?

Thats like dumbass cheap for a car..over here...thats how much a junker rustbucket would cost.

Biggles

Biggles

Just a little help please. post #3
I'd say go and look at it and make sure everything's in the engine is in good order as it's been sitting for a year. Have you thoroughly looked through Autotrader at all? that place is a gold mine.

Justin, over here you get some immaculate cars for super cheap for second hand, i mean in terms of what they are they're small engined small hatchbacks, but if you're just after a small reliable car, you can pay down to £400 [=$800]. That's what i paid for mine and it's 5 door, remote central locking, 50K and it hasn't broken down in a year and a half AT ALL.

Last edited:
codeblack

codeblack

Just a little help please. post #4
what's going on with the 1.1L ? I don't think there are any cars over here that have engines that small..

And Fiat's blowwwwww.. "fix it again tony" - get a Jap car if you don't want it to break all the time.

Biggles

Biggles

Just a little help please. post #5
There's literally TONS of 1.1 cars over here! It's like the perfect beginner car in terms of car cost, petrol consumption, tax cost, insurance cost, everything. And because of those same reasons, people often don't buy anything over a 1.8 for years and years just cause they're so cheap to run. We do the classic thing of waiting till middle age when we've got some good money to buy something good.

That sort of American stereotype about everything being supersized must be true if you don't even get 1.1s! haha.

J

JustinE

Just a little help please. post #6
Lol...even the 4 bangers over here are 1.8t's or 2.0t's...and most normal 4 bangers are 2.4-2.8l.
V6's are 3.0-3.8....v8's range from 3.6's-6.4 on average.

Biggles

Biggles

Just a little help please. post #7
That's hilarious, it seems the English really love their little hatchbacks and Americans love their big trucks!

It's just weird that you American guys don't even consider the existence of such small engined small bodied cars, whereas we find it completely acceptable and expected to own a load of small cars.

mikemilleruk

mikemilleruk

Just a little help please. post #8
I'd say go and look at it and make sure everything's in the engine is in good order as it's been sitting for a year. Have you thoroughly looked through Autotrader at all? that place is a gold mine.

Justin, over here you get some immaculate cars for super cheap for second hand, i mean in terms of what they are they're small engined small hatchbacks, but if you're just after a small reliable car, you can pay down to £400 [=$800]. That's what i paid for mine and it's 5 door, remote central locking, 50K and it hasn't broken down in a year and a half AT ALL.
i remember i went to a car auction with my dad and the was a sporty five door and it stalled half driving though the lot so it went for a tenner months MOT and tax. bet the guy paid a mate 50 to fix and that was that.

codeblack

codeblack

Just a little help please. post #9
There's literally TONS of 1.1 cars over here! It's like the perfect beginner car in terms of car cost, petrol consumption, tax cost, insurance cost, everything. And because of those same reasons, people often don't buy anything over a 1.8 for years and years just cause they're so cheap to run. We do the classic thing of waiting till middle age when we've got some good money to buy something good.

That sort of American stereotype about everything being supersized must be true if you don't even get 1.1s! haha.
I dunno, when I lived in Australia I had the privilege of driving my sisters Daihatsu Charade non turbo.. 1.3L - 1996? Still had a manual choke.. No power anything.

Sweet tape deck, too.

Going from a 3.8L V6 Commodore to a 1.3L piece of shit like that made me want to throw myself down the road..

But the american standard of bigger is better is true in most cases.. I have a 1.8L in my car, and I consider that small.. (Hence my 2L swap coming soon) A few 1.6's and 1.5's here and there (civics etc.) but nothing smaller than that comes to mind..

The big problem with small engined cars here in North America is the fact that the bodies the cars get put into, suck balls too.. Pontiac Firefly's.. Geo Metro's.. They all suck so much horse **** that if you bought one - you get laughed at, and feel like a dick when half it's life is with the hood up..

I would rock a Mini in a heartbeat, though.

kimmy gibler

kimmy gibler

Just a little help please. post #10
That's hilarious, it seems the English really love their little hatchbacks and Americans love their big trucks!

It's just weird that you American guys don't even consider the existence of such small engined small bodied cars, whereas we find it completely acceptable and expected to own a load of small cars.
Oh I consider the existence of small bodied/engine cars I just would never drive one. I love my big ass chevy tahoe. with a 5.3L V8. Its big and sucks gas 100 dollars a week to be exact but I wouldn't drive anything else :)PLUS if I do get in an accident most likely I'm going to walk away just fine provided I'm wearing a seatbelt!! While the "smart car" infront of me is mangled

Biggles

Biggles

Just a little help please. post #11
Driving something that costs you 100 dollars a week and liking it is honestly one of the most stupid things i have ever, ever encountered.

J

Jamie

Just a little help please. post #12
Driving something that costs you 100 dollars a week and liking it is honestly one of the most stupid things i have ever, ever encountered.
I can beat it, some lady at my dads work soends 150quid on petrol a week just driving to work, its a Porsche 4x4, she just has it for the fashion :|

SnK

SnK

Just a little help please. post #13
I can beat it, some lady at my dads work soends 150quid on petrol a week just driving to work, its a Porsche 4x4, she just has it for the fashion :|
Stupid bitch. I hate people like that, instead of getting public transport they drive big cars and pollute the environment just to look good.
Even when i get a car that'll do about 40-50 mpg, i'll still be catching the bus to college 10 miles away and bus to work 7 1/2 miles away just 'cos A) it's cheaper. B) less likely i'll get into a crash C) is better for the environment.

kimmy gibler

kimmy gibler

Just a little help please. post #14
I'm not bitching about the amount I spend on gas. Its one of those things thats kinda needed so why complain about it. Why is it stupid?? Just because you couldn't afford it doesn't mean its stupid. My truck serves its purpose it hauls my bike around at the moment and plenty of room for my friends. Plus there is plenty of room for my stereo. So FOR ME it's not stupid... For someone like yourself you don't need it.
Quit bitching about polluting the environment, go hug a tree or something
Lets see you fit this into the back of a mini..

Yea don't see it happening

joanz

joanz

Just a little help please. post #15
yeh dude id defo get it...its so cheap and the specs look good,ders no reson really y wudnt u buy it

New Topics