jkopic1967

J

jkopic1967

jkopic1967 post #1
Hello all,
im not exactly new to bmx but ive just recently got back into it after a 35 year hiatus!! so, I go out and buy a 2017 redline asset 24". this bike is HOT!! after about 3 mos of riding..... mostly just cruising and a few small jumps..... my freewheel starts to make a popping noise. I take back to my LBS and they end up replacing the bearings in the BB. that didn't fix it. then they replace my chain wheel and the crank spindle due to the fact that they were defective from the factory (bent). They also fix the freewheel pawl bearing. Ill have to ask them if they replaced the whole bearing or if its just one of the pawls which are spring loaded. Not even sure if you can replace just one. Well that seems to have made a difference but it didn't take care of the problem completely. I still hear it make a popping noise after coasting for a while. the bike didn't make the noise at all when I first got it. im wondering if im needing to replace the whole bearing itself or what. im at a total loss on this. please help!!!!

New Topics