ive broke 5 chains in one month

• Discuss ive broke 5 chains in one month in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; ive broke 5 chains in one month doing sprocket grinds and sliping out of feebel grinds so what should i do im thinking about runing a smaller sprocket... ...
  • Tags vert
O

oibmxpunx

ive broke 5 chains in one month post #1
ive broke 5 chains in one month doing sprocket grinds and sliping out of feebel grinds so what should i do im thinking about runing a smaller sprocket like 36t and not do sprocket grinds

V

Van_Homan

ive broke 5 chains in one month post #2
man just get a bash gaurd or grind disc they r not very expensive i recomend www.danscomp.com or ne local bike shop will have them..

E

evanc

ive broke 5 chains in one month post #3
The smaller the gearing you go, the more stress on your chain. I'd say go buy a plastic cutting board, cut that to shape, and bolt it on. Instant, strong, smooth sliding guard.

O

oibmxpunx

ive broke 5 chains in one month post #4
i like the cuting board idea thax and van i hate dans try www.albes.com

V

Van_Homan

ive broke 5 chains in one month post #5
wuts wrong with dans?

O

oibmxpunx

ive broke 5 chains in one month post #6
there over rated

O

oibmxpunx

ive broke 5 chains in one month post #7
O

oibmxpunx

ive broke 5 chains in one month post #8
They're shady about the products they put out though. They've made imitation t-1 shirts (ever wonder why you can't buy t-1 from them?), imitation Hoffman frames, put other company stickers on Poverty buck 99's (they own Poverty) and sold them as they other company, etc.

M

MetalBikez

ive broke 5 chains in one month post #9
..And where did you hear this?! I've NEVER heard of that man :roll:

Id buy a thicker chain, with a Volume sprocket. The "Heavy-Duty" series chain :wink:

T

Twiztid_Missy

ive broke 5 chains in one month post #10
oibmxpunx said:
They're shady about the products they put out though. They've made imitation t-1 shirts (ever wonder why you can't buy t-1 from them?), imitation Hoffman frames, put other company stickers on Poverty buck 99's (they own Poverty) and sold them as they other company, etc.
never heard of that

V

Van_Homan

ive broke 5 chains in one month post #11
thats a lie dude

I

infantry43RIDER

ive broke 5 chains in one month post #12
yea dans doesn't do that....i know like everyone that works there man and my cousin does...don't hate on dans....all the mail order companies are pretty good....

anyways...yea get a KMC 415 chain or some heavy duty chain...that shit won't break...get a nice strong animal sprocket too... :D

E

evanc

ive broke 5 chains in one month post #13
oibmxpunx said:
HOLD UP. I posted that, so why's it say he did? What the..?

Anyway, yes, the T-1 Shirt is true. It was taken to court Between Taj and Dan Duckworth. Taj was at a skatepark, saw a kid wearing a size 'small' shirt (T-1 does not make small ones), and he asked where they got it. The kid said Dans. It was thrown out of court because T-1 had no copyright on the shirt design, so it wasn't fraud or anything, just morally wrong.

No, I have no idea where you can get the full story. I'm sure you'll have no problem with them, but I don'r want my money going towards Dan's any more. Yes, I'm wearing a Dan's shirt as I type this because I needed wheels ASAP and the shirt was free.

T

thumpgun

ive broke 5 chains in one month post #14
I think he quoted it from your original post.. What's up with that though?? I've ordered a lot of stuff from Dan's and I've not had any problems and they get it here super fast. Evan, is there anywhere to get the full story on this? I'd like to hear the whole story.

415fsxrules

ive broke 5 chains in one month post #15
It could just be all made up u know :p

I

infantry43RIDER

ive broke 5 chains in one month post #16
prolly is...

I

infantry43RIDER

ive broke 5 chains in one month post #17
i don't rememeber dans EVER selling t-1 stuff...EVER

E

evanc

ive broke 5 chains in one month post #18
It was back when Dan Duckworth actually owned it. Albes used to carry shirts with a duck getting run over by a car or something along the lines. Think about it.

Oh, and even if this IS all just a giant conspiracy, do you know who owns Dan's? Or CCS? None other than www.alloy.com . Do you want you money going toward them? Didn't think so. Dan Duckworth sold it to them for a cool million.

I

infantry43RIDER

ive broke 5 chains in one month post #19
yea dan is *** for that too...but i still order from there...they have a big selection and are fast...BUT i also use albes and empire tooo...depends on what i want and when i want it... 8)

H

HaRdCoReStrEEtZ

ive broke 5 chains in one month post #20
yea dans don't sell any t-1, macneil, or primo wheel sets, wuts up with that

New Topics