is weight a big issue

• Discuss is weight a big issue in the Dirt Jumping forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I have an old mongoose, its well built and extremely sturdy but nothing i have on it is lightweight or anything like that. theres a pic below, also... ...
Superbeast

Superbeast

is weight a big issue post #1
I have an old mongoose, its well built and extremely sturdy but nothing i have on it is lightweight or anything like that. theres a pic below,
also is there anyway i can lighten it up but keep the strenght and also keep it fairly cheap (i dont have much money)

B

Biking2112

is weight a big issue post #2
it only needs to be light if you want to be able to move around a lot in the air with it. you can get new cranks and seat, maybe bars and a wheelset to lighten it up.

Wildbill

Wildbill

is weight a big issue post #3
Thats a fine bike to start dirt on. What do you think most people were riding 10 years ago, bikes in the high 30lb and 40lb area.

elijah

elijah

is weight a big issue post #4
might help a bit if you adjust your bars a bit ;)

im not sure you cant save alot of weight without throwing serious cash at it. ride what your've got dude and have fun :)

B

bigfro920

is weight a big issue post #5
try to stay above 28 under 35....should be fine seems like that weight lets me ride longer

N

Norco Two 50

is weight a big issue post #6
cut down seat post, remove front brakes, new forks maybe.. i'd get some new bars too if i were you (yours look like they are gonna snap)

M

monkeyonabike

is weight a big issue post #7
cut down seat post, remove front brakes, new forks maybe.. i'd get some new bars too if i were you (yours look like they are gonna snap)
i agree with everything above, theres not heaps you can do unless you preety much custom make a whole new bike, but bars, breaks and forks are a good place to start

Superbeast

Superbeast

is weight a big issue post #8
yea i put a couple different parts on
cut down seat post, different seat front brakes were removed now only back brakes and different forks that might actually be heavier but theyr better
the bars are still the same,
how much of a chance is there of bars snapping

elijah

elijah

is weight a big issue post #9
^^depends what they're made of and if theres any rust etc

Superbeast

Superbeast

is weight a big issue post #10
idk what theyr made of but they have no rust on em

New Topics