Is this bike strong enough to support me?!?

• Discuss Is this bike strong enough to support me?!? in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hi, I am 31 years old and recently became interested in BMX after many years of being out of the loop. Back in the day, I had a Diamond Back... ...
  • Tags bike bikes bmx bmx bike pro bmx
S

Scot from S.C.

Is this bike strong enough to support me?!? post #1
Hi,

I am 31 years old and recently became interested in BMX after many years of being out of the loop. Back in the day, I had a Diamond Back Hotstreak, a bike that I recently found out that they do not even make anymore! Anyway, I am a competitive weight lifter/body builder. I am 5'9" and I weigh 275 in the off season. My question is, will a basic BMX bike support my weight? I am thinking about one of Hoffman's bikes, maybe an Alias Pro or a Condor Star if I am broke after buying Christmas gifts. I figured that as long as it has a Chromoly frame and decent rims, I should be okay. I used to be mainly a flatlander, so I don't really worry about breaking a frame from excessive heights (although I have been known to jump a few ramps.) On that note, are there any big guys who ride? Am I too heavy for BMX?

E

EasternBMX

Is this bike strong enough to support me?!? post #2
yeah it will hold

I

infantry43RIDER

Is this bike strong enough to support me?!? post #3
yea no problem.

S

sentaafEQpovar

Is this bike strong enough to support me?!? post #4
if any bike parts brake, i highly doubt it will be the frame, even if its an aluminum racing frame

O

oibmxpunx

Is this bike strong enough to support me?!? post #5
i hate wen this happens some one delet this

O

oibmxpunx

Is this bike strong enough to support me?!? post #6
theres some big guys that ride come on like at rob-o (owner of fit bikes/pro bmxer) so u should be fine man good luck

B

BioHazard

Is this bike strong enough to support me?!? post #7
I wouldn't worry about the frame so much.

I'd concentrate on placing my money into a set of strong rims (Odyssey Hazard rims /w 12 gauge spokes, if I may suggest), and a set of strong 3-piece cranks (Profile SS Oversized)

But really, I doubt you're too heavy. A good friend of mine who rides BMX is like 6'4 and ~300 lbs. I can ask him about his set-up. . .

S

Scot from S.C.

Is this bike strong enough to support me?!? post #8
Thanks for the replies so far.....

Thanks a lot for the replies guys. I appreciate it a lot. BioHazard it would be great if you could ask your friend about his set up. I can't wait to get either the Condor or Alias and start riding again. I hope I can still pull off some of my old school tricks!

G

Is this bike strong enough to support me?!? post #9
im 376 and my haro from toads r us (toys r us) is able to hold me up good

H

haro_bmx_king

Is this bike strong enough to support me?!? post #10
im 376 and my haro from toads r us (toys r us) is able to hold me up good
Don't be such a dumbass.

E

EasternBMX

Is this bike strong enough to support me?!? post #11
they don't sell haro's at toys-r-us don't be ****ing ass